Job ID 118713
Opportunity Type Scholarships
Scholarship Type Fully Funded
Province or State Canada
Language Requirement English
Field of Study Several Fields
Language of Instruction English
Applications for the Banting International Postdoctoral Fellowships in Canada for the academic year 2023-2024 are now available. This program assists excellent postdoctoral national and international applicants who have the potential to contribute to the social and economic prosperity of their respective nations.
The following are the key goals of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program:
- Attract and retain top postdoctoral talents nationally and internationally
- Help them develop improve their leadership potential
- Position them for success as future research leaders
- Health research
- Natural sciences and/or engineering
- Social sciences and/or humanities
Benefits of the Banting International Postdoctoral Fellowships
The opportunity value of this scholarship is partial funding to the outstanding postdoctoral candidates.
– Payment: $ 70,000 for two years (taxable)
Note: The fellowship is not extendable.
Applicants who meet the following rquirnments can apply for the Banting International Postdoctoral Fellowship 2023/24:
- Non-Canadian citizens and those who do not hold Canda permanent residency
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada who have obtained their Ph.D. from a foreign university, and non-Canadian citizens may only hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at a Canadian Institution.
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada who obtained their Ph.D. from an institution within Canada, may hold their Banting Postdoctoral fellowship either inside or outside of Canada.
- Have obtained degree requirements between September 15, 2020 and September 30, 2024.
- Candidates who currently obtain or have obtained CIHR, SSHRC, or NSERC postdoctoral fellowships are eligible to apply to the 2023-24 Fellowship program only if that funding officially ends on or before September 30, 2024 and before the start of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship.
- Candidates applying to the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships and other agency-specific postdoctoral fellowships programs at the same time, provided that the research proposed in each application falls within the mandate of the federal granting agency to which the applicants have submitted the application.
- Candidates should not hold a tenure-track or tenured faculty position, they also cannot be on leave from such a position.
- Candidates can submit only one application per year to the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program.
How to Apply for 70 Banting International Postdoctoral Fellowships in Canada for 2023?
Applicants should read the application guide and follow the steps below:
- Confirm they meet the eligibility requirements
- Contact their desired Host institution/ Supervisor
- Register for Canadian Common CV and ReearchNET accounts using the following link:
- ResearchNet account – a web-based application tool and funding opportunity/decision database that is used by the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program
- CIHR PIN – unique personal identifier required to apply for this program
- CCV account – a web-based tool that allows you to manage your CV data in a single repository and generate CVs as needed for all member organizations.
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Self-Identification Questionnaire – Mandatory for all application participants.
- Create CCV application
- Start reearchNET application
- Identify the area of research
- Fill your details
- Attach your research contributions such as publications, artistic contributions, presentations, interviews and media relations, Intellectual property.
- Attach evidence of leadership contributions such as teaching, supervisory, administrative, advisory, assessment and review, participation, community and volunteer, knowledge and technology transition, international collaboration, committee memberships.
- fulfill degree
Note: Interested and qualified applicants can click here for application procedures details.
For further details about the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships, please visit the Fellowship website. In case of having any questions, do not hesitate to contact the following email: email@example.com