Job ID 24070
No of Opportunity 40000
in mid-August, Canada announced the resettlement of 20,000 vulnerable Afghans. The Canadian government then boosted the number to 40,000. This includes persons who have worked with Canada as well as those who have held the following positions:
women leaders, human rights campaigners, religious or ethnic minorities who have been oppressed, LGBTI individuals, journalists, and those who have assisted Canadian journalists
- Apply Also:
- UN: EU to accept more than 40,000 Afghan refugees
How to Apply?
Based on the applicant’s relationship to the categories above, there are two ways to apply to this program.
First Category: which includes those who have aided Canada, should apply via a web form issued lately by the Canadian government. It is not necessary to reapply through this web form if you have already applied via email.
To apply and fill the form, please follow the steps below:
- Open the web form
- 2. Choose ” Situation in Afghanistan” from the first drop-down menu.3. From the 2nd Drop-down menu, choose ” Ask abouth the special immirgration measures for Afghans who assisted the Government of Canada.
4. Fill the form completely including the details about your work with Canadian Government and Armed Forces in Afghanistan such as the following:
a) Job title/position
b) ID Number if you had one
c) Names of your Canadian Point of Contact if possible
5. Upload the copies of any document showing your work with the Government of Canada.
6. Upload copies of Your passport and passport of each eligible family member who are travelling with you. (if possible)
7. Finally, review and submit your application.
Please send no document other than the ones stated above until the government asks you.
After you applied, please wait for the government of Canada to contact you.
Women leaders, human rights campaigners, persecuted religious or ethnic minorities, LGBTI individuals, journalists, and people who supported Canadian journalists fall into the second category and must be outside of Afghanistan to apply through UNHCR. They are unable to apply to this program directly.