Job ID 120982
Opportunity Type Scholarships
Scholarship Type Fully Funded
Province or State Germany
Language Requirement English
Field of Study Several Fields
Language of Instruction English
The Berlin Scholarship Program in Germany 2024 is a one-of-a-kind yet cutting-edge chance to address the mounting challenges to cyber security. Because of the usage of communication technologies, the world has shrunk to the size of a village. However, these technologies can also be abused. The four-month fully-funded scholarship in Germany is intended to address such increasing cyber risks. Participants in this course learn about the means for overcoming a breach of privacy, as well as the actual fault lines and vulnerabilities that lead to such a severe breach. Furthermore, this scholarship in Europe is an exceptional opportunity to get practical knowledge about the necessity and implementation of risk assessments and security planning.
The Berlin Scholarship Program 2024 is a Berlin State Department for Economics, Energy, and Public Enterprises program. This fully funded international scholarship in Germany, on the other hand, is just for journalists. Reporters Without Borders Germany urges journalists from conflict zones and crisis zones to visit Berlin for free and receive better digital security training. Journalists in these important areas are particularly subject to digital dangers like as monitoring and cyber attacks, which impede their journalistic work. As a result, the goal of this training program is to equip students with the skills and information necessary to defend themselves against such attacks.
The free workshop for journalists in Europe has a knock-on effect. The second phase of this training begins when the journalists have the practice skills to protect themselves from developing Digi dangers. During this phase, all participants- with the assistance of a trainer team made of highly qualified professionals- develop their training concept. Once the concept has been developed, the participants become trainers, teaching journalists in their home countries the skills they learnt during the Berlin exchange program.
The RSF Germany scholarship program has aided numerous journalists from around the world who have faced death threats as a result of their journalistic abilities and impartial work in war zones and vital locations. The RSF reporter scholarship program teaches students how to accurately analyze threats. The curriculum undoubtedly makes participants realize that there is no such thing as “absolute security,” but there are numerous methods and instruments for developing a well-thought-out security plan. Aside from these technical learning sessions, the participants get to know each other, form an unbreakable friendship, and learn about different cultures by staying together and participating in various social gatherings. To summarize, the program is retained by the participants not just for four years.
Berlin Scholarship Program 2024 Benefits:
- A monthly stipend of 1000€/month will be provided to each participant.
- The visa processing matters will be taken care of.
- The participants will be provided with a pleasant residence.
- All the travel costs will be covered to and from Berlin.
- The daily public transportation will be free for the participants.
- The participants will be given a deep insight into the activities of Reporters without Borders Germany which is a globally active journalist and human rights organization.
Eligibility Criteria of the Berlin Scholarship Program in Germany:
- Professional journalists, bloggers, media professionals, and citizen journalists from war zones and crisis areas can apply.
- Journalists are being threatened by digital threats in their home countries.
- The individuals must be eager to learn about digital security and pass the knowledge to other journalists in their home countries.
- The candidates must show their willingness to return to their home countries.
- The candidates must be proficient in English.
- The candidate must have adequate journalistic experience.
How to Apply for Berlin Scholarship 2024 in Germany?
- The applicants have to send their signed applications with the required documents via Signal Messenger Service at +49 1636743853.
- If you have a Proton Mail Account, send your application to the account rsf.digitalfreedom[at]protonmail.com
- ProtonMail is an end-to-end encrypted email service. You can register for a free account here.
- Fill out the Berlin Scholarship 2024 online application and questionnaire in PDF form.
- You have to save two PDF files of the above forms.
- Complete these PDF files on your computers.
- You have to save these PDF files and send them to one of the given addresses.
Berlin Scholarship 2024 Deadline:
- The last date to apply is Monday, December 04th, 2023 at 23:59 (Central European Time).