Job ID 120000
Degree Bachelor Degree
Opportunity Type Scholarships
Scholarship Type Fully Funded
Province or State Canada
Language Requirement English
Field of Study Several Fields
Language of Instruction English
An esteemed prize, the University of Calgary overseas Entrance Scholarship honors the remarkable achievements of an overseas student beginning their undergraduate studies.
The University of Calgary grants scholarships every year in the form of two awards to international undergraduate students who meet the university’s English language proficiency standard and enroll for the first time in any undergraduate field in the autumn semester. It is important to note that the scholarships are renewable in the University of Calgary’s second, third, and fourth years, given that the recipients achieve a GPA of 2.60 or above over a minimum of 24.00 units in the fall and winter terms prior.
Eligibility of the University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarship
Undergraduate Award eligibility may be based on the following criteria:
- Applicants should prove academic excellence
- International students who are not Canadian citizens or Permanent Citizens of Canada can apply.
- Applicants should be undergraduate international students entering their first year in any bachelor’s program in the upcoming fall term.
- Be a financial need and fee-paying student.
- Renewable until the fourth year at the University of Calgary if the student maintains a GPA of 2.60 or above over a minimum of 24.00 units in the prior fall and winter terms and continues to pay an international differential tuition fee as an international student.
- All applicants must present English language proficiency such as TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, or
Awards Payment Information
For most award competitions, the funds have two equal payments over fall and winter terms and are automatically applied to unpaid tuition and fees. Also, excess award funds are processed at the end of August (Fall Term) and at the end of December (Winter Term) by direct deposit to the receiver’s bank account.
How to Apply for the University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarship?
The Online Award application is available through the link below, and you must submit it by the mentioned deadlines. Please review the award application guides here.