Job ID 120320
Scholarship Type Fully Funded
Province or State Switzerland
Language Requirement English
Field of Study Several Fields
Language of Instruction English
Students pursuing degrees in administration-related subjects in Switzerland 2024 have the opportunity to participate in projects that are reshaping the global economy through the CERN Administrative Student Program. Students will be able to experience working with the most sophisticated administrative techniques in the world during their internships or careers at the globally renowned organization and world-class scientific institution, CERN, which is providing fully sponsored internships. Undergraduate and graduate students are welcome to apply to the CERN internship program, as participation in the world’s most well-organized administrative platform is a prerequisite for the degree.
The fully-funded internship program at CERN is designed to provide exposure to many administrative sectors. Bachelor’s or master’s degree holders in the following fields are encouraged to apply: translation, advanced secretarial work, human resource management, business administration, law, logistics, finance, communications, library science, accounts, information science and technology, audit, public relations, communication, and physiology, among other related fields. The interns will have the opportunity to work for two to twelve months at the European Organization for Nuclear Research, gaining hands-on experience in addition to the theoretical information they will learn in class.
Renowned for its groundbreaking contributions to science and research worldwide, CERN is a distinguished research facility. Utilizing the most cutting-edge scientific equipment available, engineers and physicists at CERN investigate the fundamentals of the universe. The foundation for the prevalent diversity in the workplace at the firm is the diverse university. The CERN interns will gain enormous experience that will aid in their professional advancement by providing them with excellent administrative expertise and the confidence that comes from having worked at CERN. Therefore, the fully sponsored student internship in Switzerland provides a solid environment for students to finish their final projects under the guidance of excellent professionals.
An exceptional chance for self-driven and ambitious students to be a vital part of a project that has the potential to transform the world is the international internship program at CERN in Europe. The international interns at CERN will work on world-changing projects even before they earn their degrees, which will undoubtedly contribute to their self-improvement and high levels of drive for the future. A comprehensive guidance for students who meet the requirements is provided in the following article. In addition to the motivating benefits already mentioned, the financial benefits and eligibility requirements are detailed in the following paragraphs. Additionally, a procedure is covered below to make it easy for any qualified applicant to apply for the CERN Administrative Student Program.
- Human resources
- Advanced secretarial work
- Business administration
- Library and information science
- Engineering management
- Science communication
- Communication and public relations
Benefits of the CERN Administrative Student Programme:
- The interns will be coming into an internship contract with CERN for 2-12 months.
- A monthly allowance of 3407 Swiss Francs per month (net of tax).
- A travel allowance will be covered.
- If the intern is married or has children, a supplementary grant will be given.
- Medical insurance will be covered by CERN, however, the insurance allowance will be deducted from the intern’s pay.
- A monthly 2.5 paid leaves are granted.
Eligibility Criteria of the CERN Administrative Student Programme:
- The applicant must be a national CERN Member or a CERN Associate Member State.
- The applicants must have completed 18 months of their undergraduate studies either bachelor’s or master’s degree.
- The applicants must be specializing in an administrative field at the time of the internship.
- The applicant must be able to stay full for 2 months minimum and 12 months maximum.
- The applicants must be full-time registered students till the completion of an internship.
- The applicant must be fluent and proficient in English or French language.
- The students who are staying in STEM/Engineering fields are not eligible.
How to Apply for the CERN Administrative Student Programme?
- In order to apply for CERN fully paid internship, click on the I’m interested button on the official website.
- The candidates have to sign in through Linkedin, Smartprofile, or Indeed.
- Browse your resume and drop it in the resume box.
- Provide all your correct and authentic personal details.
- The candidates have to add their academic details along with their experience.
- A motivational message to the hiring manager that shows the commitment of the candidate towards the internship at CERN.
- The candidates have to be clear and specific about the fields “Education” and “Experience”.
- As the candidates are applying at smart recruiters, they are advised to write their answers in Notepad or Word in advance, because there is a limited time to answer the questions once the application starts.
- If the candidate is applying for more than one job, Each application must be filled out separately.
Required Documents for the CERN Student Program:
- Copy of the most recent academic transcript that must represent the detailed works.
- A reference letter from the university professor.
- If the candidate has done any prior internship a second reference letter from a previous internship.
- The reference letter may be submitted by the candidate directly or by the referee on his/her own via the received application link.
CERN Administrative Student Program Deadline:
- The last date to submit an online application is November 6th, 2023.