Job ID 118700
Experience Less Than 1 Year
Degree High School Diploma
Province or State Kandahar
Vacancy Number VA-2023-00130
Cleaner Job at Norwegian Refugee Council For High School Graduates:
About Norwegian Refugee Council:
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organization helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks. NRC requires staff members who travel on an international contract to the field to undergo an medical examination with our medical provider. Employees must produce a Health Clearance Certificate before departure stating that there are no relevant health concerns. If staff are unable to provide this, NRC reserves the right to terminate the Contract of Employment.
Job Description Cleaner Job at Norwegian Refugee Council For High School Graduates:
Purpose of the Job
The purpose of this position is to find an experienced cleaner for Spin Boldak field office to clean and keep the office and surrounding area clean and tidy. The post holder will be responsible for organizing all assets and equipment related to the office in the assigned place and cleaning all this equipment daily. The incumbent is reportable to the ICLA Officer in Spin Boldak field office.
Job Requirements Cleaner Job at Norwegian Refugee Council For High School Graduates:
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks, and guidelines.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement.
- Perform according to the work and development plan.
- Keep the office environment clean and hygienic.
- Notify the supervisor concerning the need for major repairs or additions to office buildings or guest houses.
- Ability to prepare basic dishes and salads.
- Requisite supplies or equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance.
- Set up, arrange, or remove decorations, tables, chairs, or ladders to prepare facilities for events, such as meetings.
- In Coordination with the zero-point focal point, clean and regulate the office building.
- Empty trashcans and ashtrays and make sure that all trash is properly disposed of.
- Clean and wash down windows and ensure that they are adequately dried.
- Enhanced communication with employees, and fluency in encoding and decoding the feedback coming from employees.
- Handling multiple tasks, serving multiple orders at a time, with efficiency, effectiveness, and productivity.
- Sanitizing and cleaning the kitchen, and utensils including the NRC hall and its surroundings.
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor.
Generic professional competencies:
- 1-year relevant working experience with NGOs or private sectors
- Able to read, write, and speak local languages (Pashto and Dari)
- Previous experience working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Physical endurance to stand for an entire shift.
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Works well as part of a team and on individual tasks.
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience
- Able to communicate, read and write with Pashto and Dari, English is preferred.
- Should be a permanent resident of Spin Boldak district, Kandahar, Afghanistan.
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale.
- Phone with Top up Credit card on monthly basis.
- NRC will cover staff plus four (4) depended for medical insurance.
- One time Eid Bonus per year
- Leave and Holidays according to Afghanistan Labor Law.