Job ID 116092
Degree High School Diploma
Province or State Kabul
Vacancy Number VA/2023/B5101/26447
Community Mobilization Senior Associate Job at UNOPS For High School Graduates:
Job categories Communications, Project Management
Vacancy code VA/2023/B5101/26447
Department/office AR, AFCO, Afghanistan
Duty station Kabul, Afghanistan
Contract type Local ICA Support
Contract level LICA-7
Duration Ongoing CTG – ‘Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance
Application period 27-Jul-2023 to 10-Aug-2023
Applications to vacancies must be received before midnight Copenhagen time (CET) on the closing date of the announcement.
1. Facilitate community engagement and management
- Collect field data and information required to conduct community initiatives.
- Support Senior Project Manager & Deputy Project Manager in facilitating Focus Group discussions (FDGs) with the community male and female Shuras, regarding community participation in the project activities.
- Engage local communities, especially female community members to increase women’s participation in the project activities such as road maintenance.
- Interact with members of communities and encourage women to take part in income generation activities in the target provinces of the project.
- Coordinate with the relevant stakeholders including provincial departments, local community organizations, NGOs etc. to encourage the women participation in project activities.
- Assist to collect gender specific data from internal and external sources.
- Support the project gender mainstreaming initiatives.
- Conduct other relevant project tasks assigned by the PM and DPM.
2. Monitoring and reporting
- Maintain detailed and accurate record of meetings including agendas, meeting minutes, follow-up/action points. Details of meetings held or canceled should also be maintained.
- Deliver documents to all the interested parties and similarly receive documents from both external and internal parties.
- Ensure that follow up of document approvals by concerned authorities is done consistently, in a timely manner, and ensure that the Project Team is updated as required.
- Ensure that communities at construction sites are kept abreast of the project developments and communication channels remain open with the communities.
- Respond to community concerns by ensuring that they are brought to the attention of the Implementation Partners and UNOPS project management team and facilitate the process of resolving the issue.
- Keep and maintain the record of labor force utilization.
- Assist UNOPS in the identification of potential implementation problems and bottlenecks.
- Report to the Project Team on a daily and weekly basis on community issues and the project’s performance in relation to those issues.
- Keep up with the weekly and daily developments of the project.
- Mediate issues between the community members and the project staff.
- Forward questions about the project from community leaders and residents to appropriate government authorities and the Project Management Team.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- A first-level university degree (e.g. Bachelor) in Sociology, Development Studies or other related areas, is desirable but not required.
b. Work Experience
- A minimum of seven (7) years of experience in communication and liaison, community mobilization or other relevant fields is required.
- Experience working with national and international organizations that are contributing to the reconstruction and development of Afghanistan is a significant advantage.
C. Language Requirements:
- Fluency (oral and written) in English is required.
- Pashto and Dari languages are desired.