Job ID 120243
Experience 2 Years
Degree High School Diploma
Province or State Herat
Vacancy Number Community Mobilizer-Herat-1018
Community Mobilizer Job at ActionAid Afghanistan With 21000 AFN Salary Monthly:
About ActionAid Afghanistan:
ActionAid is a global alliance of organizations, working towards achieving a world without poverty and injustice in which every person enjoys the right to a life with dignity. We work in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas and our expertise lies in community-led development, working through partnerships with people living in poverty and their organizations. We work with the poor and excluded sections of the society using human rights-based development approach. Our Country Strategy for Afghanistan titled ‘PEOPLE’S POWER FOR INCLUSIVE ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT AND SOCIAL JUSTICE’ for the period 2018-2022 focuses on improving resilient food security and advancing grassroots democratic governance among, other strategic priorities, wherein women and girls’ needs are central to all our work.
Job Description Community Mobilizer Job at ActionAid Afghanistan With 21000 AFN Salary Monthly:
The community mobilizer is responsible to maintain close relationship with the communities to facilitate a smooth program and project implementation. Facilitate awareness creation measures and facilitate responses to conflict as a tool to enable their participation in their development process
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Community mobilizers have the most important role in all community level facilitation and their work must be strategic to ensure that the community become spaces in which transparent, accountable, inclusive and pro-poor development processes are practiced and institutionalized.
- Mobilize and sensitize communities on program activities and introduce the project to district and community level.
- Raise awareness of communities regarding the program.
- Organize first contact with district and village’s authorities.
- enhance community awareness
- Support and identify the project right holders.
- Ensure people inclusion to program especially poor and excluded women and men disables and children.
- Provide the related trainings to the right holders.
- Facilitate interest and self-help groups in communities, with a focus on poor men and women and marginalized and excluded groups
- Facilitate and support the distributions in the community level.
- Assess training needs of the right holders in mid-stream and adjust refresher training.
- Any other official tasks given by line manager.
- Reports to Project Coordinator.
- Conducting a detailed assessment of the communities.
- 12 grade graduates at minimum, bachelor’s degree is highly desirable
- 1-3 years’ experience in social mobilization, trainings and social work with involvement in emergency/livelihood programs.
- Particular experience in community mobilization.
- Team player with high level of facilitation skill.
- Ability to work hard and long, self-driven
- Hard worker under the high-pressure situation.
If you have the expertise to take on this exciting opportunity, please apply online by sending your CV and motivation cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 28th, 2023. Please clearly indicate Community Mobilizer-Herat-1018 in the subject of your email, otherwise your application will not be considered. because of urgency, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so all eligible candidates are encouraged to apply early.
ActionAid Afghanistan welcomes applications from all sections of the community and promotes diversity. Although all applications will be considered on their individual merit, suitably qualified women candidates are especially encouraged to apply.