Job ID 120065
Experience 2 Years
Degree Bachelor Degree
No of Opportunity 2
Province or State Konar
Vacancy Number IRW-KNR-012-2023
About Islamic Relief Worldwide
Islamic Relief Worldwide (IRW) is an international, non-profitable, non-governmental humanitarian relief organization with its head quarter in Birmingham, UK. It enjoys consultative status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations and is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for International Red Cross and red Crescent Moments and NGOs in Disaster Relief. Islamic Relief has been working in Afghanistan for more than 23 years, providing emergency relief and implementing life-changing development projects for some of the most vulnerable people in the country. Islamic Relief set up our first Afghanistan office in 1999. Since then, IRA continued providing assistances in emergency relief, food security, livelihood, education, health, nutrition, shelter, orphan sponsorship, Ramadan and Qurbani programmes.
The Community Mobilizer is responsible for the community mobilization of the projects and is responsible to work under Project Coordinator.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Mobilize the community and beneficiaries and provide them with awareness regarding the project activities.
· Support the team in planning and organizing community awareness, campaigns, behavior change communication, and community mobilization sessions.
· Engage and mobilize community members in one-to-one and group sessions.
· Work closely with the community elders and CDCs in selecting the target communities.
· Conduct awareness training and conduct information campaigns on the field according to the communities’ knowledge levels.
· Prepare work plans, schedules, and reports for all activities.
· Coordination with local authorities, and community leaders as well as faith leaders.
· Prepare/develop a quality design package (drawings, BoQs, and technical specifications) for the construction and rehabilitation of water supply networks) and sanitation facilities.
· In close collaboration with the Program Coordinator ensure the details of the BoQs and drawings are finalized and stamped.
· Together with village Shura conduct community consultation meetings in each target community to verify the locations for water infrastructure improvements and households for rehabilitation/construction of sanitation facilities. Women Shura will conduct separate meetings with women in the village to ensure that the selection of the site fits women’s needs and can be easily and safely accessed by women.
· Follow up pre-, during, and post-construction water quality testing for each water source identified for construction (WV WASH guideline is to have 3 water quality checks).
· Final community selection subject to passing pre-construction water quality test for key parameters.
· Create the construction work plans and schedule for each location and type of intervention.
· Ensure all facilities rehabilitated/constructed are gender and disability inclusive (safe, provide for privacy, easily accessible, and usable for both women and men, children, and persons with disability).
· Any other official-related tasks may assign to him.
· Bachelor’s degree in Wash Engineering, sanitation, civil engineering, and any other related fields.
· 2 years of relevant experience working in the community (in Wash and sanitation, construction of water networks).
Relevant work experience in Emergency Programs would be a plus.