Job ID 117337
Experience 2 Years
Degree High School Diploma
Province or State Kabul
Duration 1 year
Vacancy Number AD#AF 418/23
About BRAC Afghanistan
BRAC is a nongovernmental development organization originated in Bangladesh and currently working in 10 countries in Asia and Africa. BRAC began its operation in Afghanistan in 2002, has been implementing its development programs in education, health, citizens’ charter Afghanistan programme as well as capacity development in the country.
Cook is responsible to cooking the variety of foods and supply to the dining table and put the kitchen cleanliness.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Prepare and serve variety of foods in a timely manner as per planned menu
• Maintains a safe and clean kitchen; clean-up of kitchen, dining, food storage areas, refrigerators and kitchen equipment’s in a proper and safe manner for hygiene.
• Disposes of any unused & rotten foods, waste materials every day
• Good behaviors with all staff
• Follow all instructions of Provincial Manger/Regional Hub Manager related to kitchen and dining activities
• Be available in office time.
• Bring to the attention of the district manager/Provincial Manger/Regional Manager or any authority any matter that may compromise to the work station and property therein.
• Establish a safeguarding culture across all level of the program by implementing the safeguarding policy. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
• Responsible to ensure team members are appropriately trained, supported and have access to resources regarding issues that are identified and actioned in accordance with the safeguarding policy and procedure.
• Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so
At least 1 to 2 years’ experience as a cook in any organization or office
• Skill for cooking any items.
• Good communication skills particularly in local language (Dari/Pashtu)
• Good knowledge in cook profession in Afghanistan
• Being Honest and Responsible
• At least 12 class
The interested and qualified individuals are requested to submit their technical (describing study methodology, process, sampling, timeline and expected deliverable etc.) and financial proposal for conducting the study to Human Resource Department of BRAC Afghanistan.
Only complete proposal will be accepted and short listed candidates will be contacted.
BRAC is committed to safeguard children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. Therefore, our hiring process includes extensive background checks and a criminal records disclosure to ensure safeguarding and to prevent harassment and abuse.