Job ID 118245
Experience 2 Years
Degree High School Diploma
Province or State Nangarhar
Vacancy Number ERO-822023
Cook Job at Norwegian Afghanistan Committee For High school Graduates:
About Norwegian Afghanistan Committee:
The Norwegian Afghanistan Committee (NAC) is a member-based solidarity organization that has been working in support and solidarity with the Afghan people for more than 35 years. NAC works in the following sectors: Education, Gender and Human Rights, Governance and Civil Society, Health, Food Security, Job Creation, Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change Adaptation. NAC’s vision is that NAC shall contribute to an Afghanistan free of poverty where equality, democracy, human rights and respect serve as the bases for political action and development.
The Norwegian Afghanistan Committee (NAC) has a zero tolerance of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment (SEAH) both within the organization and of beneficiaries. Prevention of and protection from sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment (PSEAH) is the individual and collective responsibility of all NAC officers, management, staff, consultants, and volunteers, who are all required to familiarize themselves with, agree to, and act in accordance with NAC’s Ethical Guidelines and Commitment, NAC Child Protection Policy, and NAC PSEAH Policy, at all times – both during and outside working hours – and participate actively in introductory and refresher trainings. Any breaches of PSEAH clauses in NAC’s policies, guidelines, and/or commitments will lead to immediate termination and possible legal actions.
Job Description Cook Job at Norwegian Afghanistan Committee For High school Graduates:
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure ingredients and food products are fresh and according to approved menu
- Collect the correct numbers of the staff and students, prepare meal accordingly
- Follow recipes, including measuring, weighing and mixing ingredients
- Bake, grill, steam and boil meats, vegetables, fish, poultry and other foods
- Present, garnish and arrange final dishes
- Occasionally serve food and distribute food to the students
- Clean and sanitize dishes, cookware, and utensils
- Clean and sanitize the kitchen
- Assist in the food preparation process by cutting, chopping, slicing, and washing vegetables, meats, and other ingredients.
- Follow all food health and safety requirements
- Strictly observe personal and environmental hygiene
- Any other duties assign by line Manager
- Fluent in Pashto
- High school diploma is required and a diploma in a relevant field
- Fluent in Pashto
- Ability to work with people of different levels and different backgrounds
- Good communication and cooking skills
- Having 1-2 years of experience in a related field
- Having knowledge of Food Distribution and management
- Having good communication skills
- Having good Behavior
- Ability to cook Different types of Foods Communication skills and knowledge of local foods baking
- Excellent communication skills
The subject must be included of position title and vacancy# (ERO-822023 Cook) please note that application without the position title and vacancy# will not be considered and will automatically be rejected.
Please make sure that your application/resume should be by your full name otherwise it will be rejected.
The NAC is an equal opportunity employer; women and persons with disabilities are therefore encouraged to apply.
The NAC offers: An encouraging and team-oriented working atmosphere • Significant career challenges that will test and enhance the skills of the incumbent • Interesting and worthwhile work in a growing organization • Competitive salary packages
How to apply: Please, send your application (CV and cover letter not exceeding 800 KB) to: