Job ID 114978
Experience 2 Years
Degree Bachelor Degree
Province or State Wardak
Vacancy Number KBL_060
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last kilometer: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. ACTED develops and implements programs that target the most vulnerable amongst populations that have suffered from conflict, natural disaster, or socio-economic hardship. ACTED’s approach looks beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihoods reconstruction and sustainable development. ACTED is active in 35 countries and implements more than 495 projects a year reaching over 11 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED is working in 14 north, north eastern and East & West provinces of Afghanistan. These provinces are affected by natural and man-made disasters. ACTED is providing relief and emergency assistance to the vulnerable population affected by displacements, conflicts or natural disasters, in the field of agriculture, NFI, shelters, WASH and food security
- To insert, update and maintain accurate data on phone/Kobo and/or computer systems and in archives.
- Collect the potential beneficiaries’ data with available tools (provided by UNOPS) at CDCs level to ensure the transparency of the process
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understand the objectives of the beneficiary selection assessment.
- Team work spirit, and respect the humanitarian principles (Humanity, neutrality, impartiality)
- Represent ACTED and UNOPS in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
- Data entry:
- Handle and fill in questionnaire through digital device (smartphone / Kobo)
- Make sure that the surveys are saved before leaving the potential beneficiary house.
- Make sure that the digital device is fully charged, carried out with a charger and ensure it is given back in the same conditions.
- Be responsible for the security and confidentiality of the electronic collected data.
- Send the interviews by the end of the day and make sure that all the collected questionnaires are sent.
- Data collection:
- Acting with appropriate respect for local culture, understanding and interpreting reactions in a culturally and gender sensitive way.
- Adopt the appropriate behavior when posing potential sensitive questions, including gender sensitive, child or vulnerable community-focused.
- Gather information in an objective, appropriate and sensitive way by carefully observing, by actively listening, by paying full attention to the situation and the information of the various sources, and understand the points being made.
- Recognize and give an account of problems in obtaining data during the assessment and other challenges encountered, as to support evaluation of data collection mechanism
- Report all problems to the ACTED’s supervisor, including any alleged interference in the beneficiary selection process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any subject is essential. Additional computer training or certification will be an asset
- Proven 1- 2 years data entry work experience as a Data entry operator or Office clerk with NGOs or INGOs.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and data programs specifically Microsoft excel and Microsoft Word
- Familiarity with administrative duties
- Experience using office equipment like fax machine and scanner
- Typing speed and accuracy
- Excellent knowledge of correct spelling grammar and punctuation
- Attention to detail
- Organization skills with an ability to stay focused on assigned tasks
- Language: Knowledge of Pashto is essential
Those who fulfill the above-mentioned criteria should send their updated CV to submission Email:
Kindly mentioned the Vacancy number, position title along with province name in subject line or your application may not be considered.
Please do not send heavy size documents (i.e. Tazkira, Education documents, and work certificates)
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the next stage of recruitment.
No CV will be received after closing date.