Job ID 118531
Experience Less Than 1 Year
Degree High School Diploma
Province or State Kabul
Vacancy Number ECI-016
About Enabled Children Initiative:
The Enabled Children Initiative (ECI) is an independent charity organization registered as a 501(c)(3) in the USA with a registered branch in Afghanistan (number 465). ECI supports children in Afghanistan with disabilities through residential, educational, and income-generation support for families. For more information on ECI and our programs, visit www.enabledchildren.org
About the Community-based Disability Awareness & Support Program:
80% of Afghan adults, and 17% of Afghan children, live with some form of disability, according to the Asia Foundation’s Model Disability Survey of Afghanistan from 2020. In Afghanistan’s current humanitarian crisis, people with disabilities are some of the most vulnerable, especially children with disabilities. In December 2021, ECI launched the Community-based Disability Awareness & Support Program to do the following in communities across Afghanistan:
- Awareness-raising: to raise awareness and share information about disability across Afghanistan, particularly via a radio component of the project, and in particular to instill in families with children with disabilities the belief that children who live with a disability should be supported, and treated equally, and empowered
- Providing practical support: to support people with disabilities and families with disabled children in communities across Afghanistan by connecting them with local resources and support services, providing information and raising awareness on disability, and providing training and other supportive services;
- Providing emergency relief: to provide emergency relief (namely, cash stipends) to poor families who have a disabled child or family member.
The objective of the program is to start community and family-based dialogues about disability that aim to motivate positive behavior change to result in a more level-playing field for children with disabilities and a greater understanding and acceptance of disability. Another objective is to provide practical support and emergency relief for families in order to help safeguard children with disabilities during this time of particular vulnerability.
Scope of Work and Duties:
The Disability Ambassador will undertake and perform the following duties and responsibilities and other duties and responsibilities that will be assigned to him or her by ECI from time to time:
- Disseminate relevant and meaningful information regarding the rights of people with disabilities and services available in the area to the families of people with disabilities or to people live in the neighborhood of people with disability.
- Engage youth, community leaders, School teachers, government officials and other influencers to participate in dialogues on understanding and acceptance of disability.
- Organizing community events and campaigns every second month on specific topics for instant (International Children’s Day or International Day of People with Disabilities etc.)
- Manage engagement of families of children with disabilities, training, and follow-up with them on positive behavior change regarding disabilities of their children.
- Initiating community-based support and self-advocacy groups for persons with disabilities.
- Facilitate and encourage collaboration between service providers and the families in communities, coordinate with potential service providers (governmental, non-governmental, private, UN agencies etc.) to improve the provision of assistance and referral mechanisms
- Referring individuals claiming certain needs/vulnerabilities and meeting criteria to relevant service providers
- Organizing community participation in the Radio Magazine listener groups and promotion of the radio magazine program in the community.
- Regular participating in Weekly meetings and need-based online meetings with Program Manager.
- Any other task assigned by the Program Manager.
The candidate should meet the following criteria:
- High school
- Must be a person with a disability
- Experience in community engagement and mobilization and outreach
- specific skills in dealing with community
- Good reputation in the community
- Popularity in the community
- Fluency in Pashto and Dari
- Good understanding and awareness of cultural of the area
- Must be a local community member of the area
Interested applicants are invited to send their resumes and an accompanying cover letter
electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org and fill out this form. https://bit.ly/3PzgKht
The closing date is Sep 20, 2023. Please ensure your application email has the subject heading Disability Ambassador ECI-016. Otherwise, your application will not be considered. Only those applicants selected for written test or interview will be notified.
https://bit.ly/3PzgKht :برای درخواست این فورم را خانهپری نمایید
Note: This position is only for persons with disabilities.