Job ID 121076
Experience 2 Years
Degree Bachelor Degree
Opportunity Type Jobs
Province or State Kabul
Language Requirement Dari. Pashto &English
Vacancy Number AD#AF 434/22
Support the Provincial Education Manager in preparing district-based opening plans, such as school opening plans, CBE, and ALP plans.
• Build up a good relationship with different stakeholders at the district level and maintain continuous contact with the Education Department and Public school.
• Responsible for solving social problems if any emerged, by consulting with the local Shura, SMS, District Education Directors, Hub School Shura, other government agencies, and other local institutions, taking security measures for the CBE schools, teachers and students through involving the said bodies.
• Maintain stock register and materials, check stock & store register regularly, and do an inventory physical checking every 3 months.
• Implement workshops at the CBE level and make awareness among the community parents, about education and its benefits, about their responsibilities, and involve them in Community Base School management.
• Supervise activities of Program Organizers and school visits at least 40 classes in a month, , ALP and CBE classes.
• Keep the program in the right track. Check the Program Organizers Action Plan, PO weekly School visit report, PO Mothers Meeting Report, and teachers’ attendance, teachers’ lesson plan and evaluation register, and students’ attendance and observe the group activities, performance, class discipline, and hygiene.
• Prepare staff information report, students and teacher’s information report, monthly cash requisition, staff assessment, and contract renewal list and send to Provincial office for approval.
• Develop the staff’s capacity of AGE Staff.
• Conduct meetings with staffs follow up field activities and provide regular feedback to maintain the quality.
• Provides intensive mentoring support and follow-up of project organizer under his/her supervisor.
• take confirmation from hub school and DED in midterm and final exam students’ documents.
• Ensures class systems, including SMS and teachers are functioning as per the program guidelines and CBE policy.
• Maintains good filing system both in classes and district office, including all training records, material distribution documents, Challan, and other registration books.
• Ensures all reports/data submitted by the Project Organizers are accurate before submitting to the provincial managers.
• Represents the BRAC education department in the district level at meetings, educational events, and other relevant interventions at the DED, hub school, and community level.
• Prepare quarterly reports for the District education department.
• Check the refreshers training at the district office, the teaching practices of POs, the lesson target for the next month, and the attendance of the teachers.
• Establish a safeguarding culture across all levels of the program by implementing the safeguarding policy. Act as a key source of support, guidance, and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
• Responsible for ensuring team members are appropriately trained, supported, and have access to resources regarding issues that are identified and actioned in accordance with the safeguarding policy and procedure.
• Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, and encourage others to do so
·• 1-2 years’ supervision experience in Education..
• Intermediate knowledge of Micro Soft Office package (MS Word, Excel, etc.) on computer skills
• Familiar with the handling of education management information systems.
• Good communication skills particularly in the local language (Dari/Pashtu)
• Speaking and writing ability in English
• Good knowledge of the Child education system in Afghanistan
• Computer knowledge
• Having experience working with Government and non-government organizations
• Ability to organize and conduct different seminars, and workshops for teacher and staff development
• Skill in implementing activities in coordination with the District Education Department, other Govt. officials, local elected bodies, NGOs, project experts, and concerned community members.
• Honest judgment for assessing staff performance and capacity building of staff for smooth implementation of the program.