Job ID 118017
Opportunity Type Scholarships
Scholarship Type Fully Funded
Province or State USA
Language Requirement English
Field of Study N/A
Language of Instruction Master's & Ph.D. Degrees
If you are a graduate student from or residing in Southeast Asia, South Asia, East Asia, the Pacific, or the United States, you are eligible to apply for the East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship. The Fellowship pays all expenditures associated with pursuing a master’s or doctoral degree at the University of Hawaii in Mnoa. So, if you’re seeking for a great chance that can help you advance your career, this is the one.
The East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship pays the following funding:
- Full-time graduate tuition and fees as per general tuition charged for post-baccalaureate students at the U.H. at Manoa toward masters or doctoral studies;
- Single occupancy housing or accommodation in an East-West Center residence hall,
- Allowance to partially cover food and incidental expenses
- Stipends for books, materials, and supplies
- Subsidy toward health insurance coverage
- All Graduate Degree Fellowship applicants may benefit from EWCA Alumni and Foundation scholarships.
- In case of funding availability, EWC may provide funding for field study and conference presentations to degree fellows on a competitive basis during their study period.
Note: All provisions above are subject to change.
To be eligible for application, candidates must be from one of the following countries:
- United States
- Pacific Region: American Samoa, Australia, Federated States of Micronesia, Cook Islands, Fiji, French Polynesia, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, Niue, Northern Marianas, New Zealand, Palau, Solomon Islands, Samoa, Papua New Guinea, Tokelau, Wallis & Futuna Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, and Vanuatu
- Southeast Asia: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Singapore, Thailand, Philippines, Timor-Leste, Vietnam
- South Asia: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Iran, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka
- East Asia: China, Hong Kong, Japan, Macau, Mongolia, North Korea, South Korea, Russia, Taiwan
- When you apply to the EWC, you must also request admission to the graduate program at U.H. Manoa (UHM).
- A four-year bachelor’s degree is necessary from a U.S. accredited university or abroad.
- Must have completed the last four semesters or six quarters of the bachelor’s degree with a minimum grade point average of 3.0 (4.0=A scale).
- By December 1, 2023, have applied or plan to apply to a graduate program at the University of Hawaii.
Applicants should submit the following supporting documents with their Fellowship application by December 1, 2023:
- Application Acknowledgement receipt or proof of U.H. application submission for prospective students applying for admission
- UH’i statement of objectives (refer to the academic program for instructions), current U.H. students continuing in their same degree and field do not need to submit this document.
- CV/Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of passport biodata page if available (for international candidates)
- Students applying for the Obuchi Student Scholarship, please submit a photocopy of your permanent domicile in Okinawa or a certificate of residence
To be submitted by January 10, 2024:
- Official transcripts from each college or university you attended (see the Handbook’s “Academic Transcripts” section for submission instructions).
- If you are not a current University of Hawaii student and must demonstrate English proficiency, the testing service must report an official IELTS, TOEFL, or Duolingo Please chek the Handbook section on “Exams and Score Reports” for more information on how to write your results.
- Three letters of recommendation address your academic abilities and professional goals, and the third reflects on your community service, civic engagement, or extracurricular activities. When you submit your online application, your referee will be sent a link to the Letter of Reference form.
Applicants should send any physical documents to the East-West Center at the following address:
Award Services/Graduate Degree Fellowship
1601 East-West Road
John A. Burns Hall, Room 2066
Honolulu, Hawai’i 96848-1601 USA
Note: Read the Handbook of Application here.
How to apply for East-West Center (EWC) Graduate Degree Fellowship?
You should apply for admission to U.H. Manoa (UHM) graduate department at the same time as when you apply to the EWC.
Candidates should send the Mandatory documents to the East-West Center before December 1, 2023. Supporting documents must be completed for U.H. Application and East-west center by January 10, 2024.
Please visit the East-West Center website for more information about East West Center (EWC) Graduate Degree Fellowship.