Job ID 118410
Experience 2 Years
Degree Bachelor Degree
Province or State Balkh
About Islamic Relief Worldwide-Afghanistan:
Islamic Relief Worldwide (IRW) is an international, non-profitable, non-governmental humanitarian relief organization with its head quarter in Birmingham, UK. It enjoys consultative status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations and is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for International Red Cross and red Crescent Moments and NGOs in Disaster Relief. Islamic Relief has been working in Afghanistan for more than 23 years, providing emergency relief and implementing life-changing development projects for some of the most vulnerable people in the country. Islamic Relief set up our first Afghanistan office in 1999. Since then, IRA continued providing assistances in emergency relief, food security, livelihood, education, health, nutrition, shelter, orphan sponsorship, Ramadan and Qurbani programmes.
Entrepreneurship Assistant would responsible for delivering below main activities:
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist project team in the selection of women entrepreneurs through a technical assessment based on the pre-set criteria of the project.
- Assist Entrepreneurship officers in Carrying out capacity assessment of women entrepreneurs and provide facilitation support to them for forming and strengthening women entrepreneur groups
- Facilitate the process of providing business development services through hands-on and mentoring support to Women entrepreneurs.
- Support women entrepreneurs to establish joint women-lead enterprises.
- Assist targeted women-entrepreneurs to develop their business plans, to improve their products’ quality and diversity, employ new techniques, increase number of employees, and expand the market coverage of their products. To implement the business-plan, need based materials, equipment, seed capital will be provided to each women-enterprises, and technical instructions, mentoring and monitoring support will be performed in a regular and ad hock basis.
- Select women entrepreneurs through a Promote business linkage support for the women entrepreneurs through Afghanistan Women Chamber of Commerce and Industry (AWCCI) and Private Sector)
- Assessment in the province.
- Conduct household survey to Carry out capacity and need assessment of selected women entrepreneurs, Promote business linkage support for the women entrepreneurs through Afghanistan Women Chamber of Commerce and Industry (AWCCI) and Private Sector) women-led enterprises
- Facilitate the process of Forming and strengthening women entrepreneurs’ groups by working closely with the targeted households.
- Facilitate the process of need-based skill training for business development for the women entrepreneurs’ groups.
- Facilitate the process of Arranging training on production improvement and business management for the women entrepreneurs.
- Provide need-based materials, equipment, and capital to the selected women entrepreneurs for business promotion.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics/BBA or any related filed.
1-2 Years Proven experience in Enterprise and entrepreneurship development, community-based entrepreneurship establishment and development.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Strong Command on Pashto/Dari
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-ethnic team and take on diverse tasks.
- Working experience in the targeted province and familiar with concerned community, geography and culture.
Interested and qualified national candidates should submit a cover letter explaining their motivation and updated CV to the following:
The closing date for accepting applications is 23 September 2023
Please clearly state the Vacancy Announcement number and title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered and only short-listed candidates will be called for a Written Test and Interview.