Job ID 116221
Opportunity Type Scholarships
Scholarship Type Fully Funded
Province or State Germany
Language Requirement English
Field of Study N/A
Language of Instruction Master's Degree and Ph.D. Degree
For the winter term of 2024–2025, the University of Stuttgart will be offering a Master of WASTE program with the potential of an EPOS–DAAD Scholarship. This fellowship is available to overseas students who want to pursue a master’s degree in solid waste engineering, wastewater process engineering, or air quality control engineering.
International students can enroll in the master’s degree program to work abroad if they have a background in chemical, mechanical, civil, environmental, or process engineering. In Germany and their home countries, they will have the chance to work for universities, research centers, and running businesses. On the other hand, this master’s program encourages German students to begin their master’s thesis abroad and offers them a global learning environment.
Students can build their professional profiles in the environmental sector with the support of the M.Sc. WASTE program. The curriculum equips students with innovative technical solutions for environmental problems in the areas of waste water treatment, solid waste engineering, and air quality control. Students will acquire in-depth knowledge of cutting-edge environmental and process technologies as global engineers. Students who complete the program successfully will get an M.Sc. degree.
Brief Details About EPOS-DAAD Scholarship for Master of WASTE in Germany (Winter 2024-25):
- Scholarship Application Start: 1 August 2023
- Application Deadline: 30 September 2023
- Course Start: October 2024
- Instruction language: English
- Level of Study: Master program
- Degree awarded: Master of Science
- Course Duration: Four semesters
- Host University: University of Stuttgart
- Funded Through: DAAD-EPOS Scholarship
- Location: Germany
- Funding Type: Fully Funded
Benefits of EPOS-DAAD Scholarship for Master of WASTE
EPOS-DAAD funds the Master of WASTE students fully and provides them with scholarships benefits as follows:
- Monthly stipends of 934 euros for students
- Health, accident, and personal liability insurance costs
- Travel allowance
- Additional benefits under certain circumstances:
- Rent subsidy per month.
- Monthly allowance for accompanying family members
Eligibility Criteria for EPOS-DAAD Scholarship for Master of WASTE in Germany (Winter 2024-25):
To be eligible for EPOS-DAAD Scholarship for Master of WASTE, applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Applicants of the EPOS-DAAD Scholarship should be from an eligible country.
- Have a bachelor’s degree or an equivalent in Chemical, Civil, Mechanical, Environmental, or Process Engineering or a related field.
- Meet English proficiency requirements in one of the following tests:
- TOEFL (CB): 213, (PB): 550, (iBT): 88
- Please note that TOEFL ITP is not acceptable for the application.
- IELTS (Academic): 6.5
- OR a certificate of an equivalent English test not older than two years.
- Prove primary user (A2) German language knowledge considering the CEFR; applicants who do not have sufficient or certified knowledge of the German language should take the German Intensive Language Course in September (Free of charge).
- At least two years of professional experience after Bachelor Studies (Bachelor studies Internships are unacceptable).
STEP 1: Required Documents for Application for Admission on C@MPUS:
- Higher education entrance qualification
- Bachelor’s or master’s Degree Certificate (Mandatory)
- Transcript of Records (Mandatory)
- Cumulative Grade Point Average Letter from University
- Grading System in the form of certified explanation by applicants’ University (Mandatory)
- Curriculum Vitae (Mandatory)
- Motivation Letter (Mandatory)
- EPOS-DAAD application form downloadable from their website (Mandatory)
- Checklist (Mandatory)
- Certificate of Employment (Mandatory)
- APS Certificate (Only for Chinese Applicants)
- Recommendation Letter from current employer (Mandatory)
- Academic Recommendation letters (Optional)
- Proof of English Language Proficiency (Mandatory)
- German Language Proficiency Proof
STEP 2: Required Documents for Postal submission of selected application:
- Short Application Form (Mandatory)
- Transcript of Records (Mandatory)
How to apply for the EPOS-DAAD Scholarship for a Master of WASTE?
To apply for EPOS-DAAD Scholarship for the Master of WASTE program at the University of Stuttgart, applicants should follow these steps:
Stage 1: Apply for admission to the Winter Term 2024/2025 via C@MPUS – an online application portal. Review the application guidelines.
Stage 2: Selected applicants should submit the required documents via postal submission to the M.Sc. WASTE Office. Please download the M.Sc. WASTE Short Application Form. Also, do not forget to submit a certified hard copy of translated (English or German) Transcript of Records of your bachelor’s degree.
Note: DO NOT submit the required application documents by post before completing Stage One above. Otherwise, the applicant will not receive their Applicant and Application Numbers for the M.Sc. WASTE Short Application Form. Both numbers could only are accessible on the C@MPUS portal.
Postal Submission Address:
M.Sc. WASTE Office
Institut für Feuerungs- und Kraftwerkstechnik
Stage 3: Applicants pre-selected for the EPOS-DAAD program must interview with the M.Sc. WASTE Office. In such a case, the WASTE Office will contact the applicant to arrange the appointment.
- Applicants who do not pass the preselection step can still get admission to the M.Sc. WASTE Program with self-financing options.
- Please note that applicants who only apply for Stage 1, Stage 2, and Stage 3 will complete their EPOS-DAAD Scholarship application successfully.
- After the application deadline (30 September 2023), the Admissions Committee will evaluate the submitted applications. Applicants will receive notification via C@MPUS whether they get admission to the M.Sc. WASTE Program or not. Additionally, DAAD will directly inform applicants about their scholarship application results. The University will announce the results upon their admission to the M.Sc. WASTE Program, the latest by the end of April 2024.