Job ID 120620
Opportunity Type Scholarships
Scholarship Type Fully Funded
Province or State USA
Language Requirement English
Field of Study Several Fields
Language of Instruction Master - Ph.D.
The University of Hawaii, Mānoa, USA campus offers fully funded master’s and doctoral degree scholarships through the EWC Graduate Degree Fellowship program. Enroll in the 2024 EWC Graduate Degree Fellowship. Both nationals of the United States and those of Asia and the Pacific region are eligible for the fellowship. The University of Hawaii at Mānoa (UHM) graduate program is supported by the East-West Center Scholarship.
Participants in this Fellowship are also able to take advantage of the East-West Center’s leadership development, residential community building, cultural, and educational programs. You have until December 1, 2023, to submit an application. The EWC Graduate Fellowship pays for books, housing, meals, stipend, health insurance, and tuition fees, among other expenses. Below are the specifics regarding the East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship 2024.
Eligible Countries for the EWC Fellowship
Individuals who are permanent or a citizen of these countries can apply for the East-West Centre Graduate Fellowship 2024.
- United States
- Pacific Region: American Samoa, Australia, Cook Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, French Polynesia, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Northern Marianas, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Wallis & Futuna Islands
- Southeast Asia: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Vietnam
- South Asia: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Iran, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka
- East Asia: China, Hong Kong, Japan, Macau, Mongolia, North Korea, South Korea, Russia, Taiwan
- Health insurance.
- Books expense.
- Housing in an EWC dormitory.
- Partial funding towards meals.
- Any other Incidental expenses.
- Additional funding for field study, and attending conferences are also offered on a competitive basis.
- Be a citizen of the above-mentioned country.
- Candidate must have obtained a bachelor’s degree.
- An applicant must have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 (4.0=A scale)
- The University of Hawaii requires proof of English Language such as IELTS, TOEFL.
- You may grant an exception from IELTS or TOEFL if your academic program was in a country where English is the first language; b) you received a degree from that institution within the past five years
Submit these documents by December 1st, 2023.
- Apply online for the EWC Fellowship at www.eastwestcenter.org/applyGDF
- You must submit a separate application at the University of Hawaii as well by December 1st.
- Curriculum vitae or resume.
- Passport Bio Page.
Submit these Documents by January 10, 2023
- Official transcripts
- An official IELTS or TOEFL score
Please be sure to check the UH Office of Graduate Education website (https://manoa.hawaii.edu/graduate/) for complete details. You must complete your admission application by January 10.
The University of Hawai‘i launches its online application system (https://manoa.hawaii.edu/graduate/) on August 1 each year for admissions the following year.
Visit the official website Link below to apply for the EWC Graduate Degree Fellowship 2024.