Job ID 119827
Experience 2 Years
Degree Bachelor Degree
No of Opportunity 13
Province or State (Badakhshan, Badghis, Balkh, Farah, Faryab, Helmand, Herat, Kandahar, Konar, Laghman, Nangarhar, Urozgan, Baghlan)
Vacancy Number 0596
About Moore Afghanistan
At Moore, our purpose is to help people thrive – our clients, our people and the communities they live and work in. We’re a global accounting and advisory family of over 30,000 people across more than 260 independent firms and 110 countries, connecting and collaborating to take care of your needs – local, national and international. When you work with Moore firms, you’ll work with people who care deeply about your success and who have the drive and dedication to deliver results for you and your business. You’ll have greater access to senior expertise than with many firms. We’ll be here for you whenever you need us – to help you see through the maze of information, to guide you in your decisions and to make sure you take advantage of every opportunity. To help you thrive in a changing world.
Position About your organization:
United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) within the framework of Country Programme for Afghanistan and through its project on “Illicit Crop Monitoring (AFGF98)” has been implementing the annual Afghanistan opium survey that provides its national and international stakeholders information on opium cultivation, production, poppy eradication verification and drugs prices in Afghanistan.
UNODC as part of GLOU34 is also conducting a rigorous impact assessment of an alternative development project named Community Based Agricultural and Rural Development (CBARD-ALL, 2021-2027). For the impact assessment of CBARD-ALL, UNODC is utilizing almost two decades of experience in estimating opium poppy areas and implementing socio-economic surveys at the national level in Afghanistan. The main objective of the proposed impact assessment is to produce and make available the best reliable evidence on whether alternative development projects work in Afghanistan and why, in order to support the international community in designing more effective drug control programmes.
Objective of the assignment:
The purpose of this assignment is to support the CBARD Impact Assessment project to implement field surveys and collect relevant socio-economic data from CBARD beneficiaries to better inform project implementation activities.
The field surveyor, under the general guidance of the UNODC Country Representative and under the immediate supervision of the Survey Officer, will facilitate and support the overall implementation of the study through field data collection using the methodological approach proposed by the UNODC.
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Attend training on the survey objectives, methodology, fieldwork approaches and data collection tools (ODK and paper questionnaires).
• Prepare work plan, ensuring the day-to-day management of the survey activities in the field.
• Visit the assigned villages and interventions sited according to the approved work plan.
• Administer individual and household questionnaires through interviewing with beneficiaries, village headmen, head of households and collect required data through data collections tool.
• The field surveyor will use the data collection tools using either a smartphone/tablet (ODK) or paper based.
• Ensure that questionnaires have been thoroughly checked and completed.
• Submit the completed questionnaire on a daily basis to the online data server.
• Establish strong sense of respect and confidentiality while administering the interview.
• Maintain up-to-date records and status of progress of all survey questionnaires and provide weekly reports explaining any major findings related to the situation, politically and as well as security.
• Prepare and submit final survey report with highlighting/summarizing all activities in the field and other major findings.
• Carry out any other tasks as assigned by the UNODC management.
Professionalism: Good research, analytical and problem-solving skills, including ability to identify and participate in the resolution of issues/problems; ability to apply good judgment in the context of assignments given. Takes responsibility for incorporating project objectives, ensuring the participation of project team members/supervisors and other support structures in all areas of work; fully proficient computer skills and use of relevant software and other applications, e.g., word processing, spreadsheets, database applications etc.; ability to analyze project requirements and assist in drafting memos and reports in support of existing projects or for developing new ones.
Planning and Organizing: Proven ability to establish priorities and to plan, organize, coordinate and monitor own work plan and provide advice and guidance to others.
Creativity: Ability to actively seek to improve programmes/services, offer new and different options to solve problems/meet client needs.
Communication: Proven ability to write and speak effectively and clearly. Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately. Understand the cultural context and tailor language, tone, style and format to match the audience. Encourage two-way communication.
Teamwork: Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Job Location: To all candidates applying for this job, kindly apply based on below provincial requirements.
Province No. of Surveyors Province No. of Surveyors Province No. of Surveyors
Badakhshan 1 Herat 1
Badghis 1 Baghlan 1
Balkh 1 Kandahar 1
Farah 1 Kunar 1
Faryab 1 Laghman 1
Uruzgan 1 Helmand 1
• High school certificate & bachelor’s degree in social sciences, agriculture, political science, or any other relevant field is an advantage.
• 2-4 years of experience in research, filed survey and data collection.
• Experience with government, UN organizations and donor agencies in Afghanistan is an advantage.
• Strong knowledge of work and interaction with farmers in rural areas of the country .
• Knowledge about alternative development interventions in assigned districts and provinces.
• Good contextual knowledge of local issues, organizational relationships, social and cultural constraints and realities, and environmental conditions.
• Knowledge in using CAPI data collection tools. Strong preference for prior experience in ODK application.
• Working experience in MS Word and Excel.
• Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent knowledge of national languages (Pashto and Dari) is required. Strong knowledge in written and spoken English is an asset.