Job ID 120990
Experience 5 Years
Degree Master’s Degree
Opportunity Type Jobs
Province or State Kabul
Vacancy Number PS-10/2023
DACAAR is a non governmental, humanitarian organization that supports sustainable development in Afghanistan through promoting the ability of local communities to decide upon and manage their own development process. The organisation employs around 900 staff of whom 5 are expatriates. Core thematic areas are: Water, Sanitation & Hygiene; Natural Resource Management; Small Scale Enterprise Development; Women’s Empowerment.
The Finance Coordinator – Program Support will be responsible for day to day program finance function – mainly in program financial planning / budgeting, budget monitoring, support and coordinate of program / project financial operations, enforcing donor, organizational and government rules and procedures. The post holder works within the framework of Financial Manual set by DACAAR ensuring all DACAAR policies & procedures, donor regulations, accounting standards and local laws are complied with at all times
Financial planning and monitoring:
- Prepare and maintain necessary budget information & data for all field, regional and main offices and other support functions.
- Closely work and provide support to program in budget preparation and revision
- Prepare and timely submission of financial management reports to field, regional offices and as well program/operation department
- Upload projects budget into the accounting system in liaison with the HoF.
- Work with the program team to realign work plan and budget in existing budget revisions or new budget preparation
- Monitor the implementation of budget – forecasted amounts against actual amount incurred
- Analyze the variance and flag any overspending/underspending above/under agreed or approved level
- Follow up to implementation of decisions taken on budget monitoring / variances analysis
- Ensure timely posting of financial data into system, in order to meet the reporting deadlines internal and external.
- Ensure that all costs incurred for a project are accounted for before any donor reporting and are within the project period.
- Prepare budget codes for all projects along with budget holders and present for approval for HoF before uploading
- Actively contribute to the cash flow statement preparation and revision, along with Finance Coordinator – Treasury
- Preparing operational budget and as well staff list for secured/unsecured
- Actively involved in monthly budget allocation of staff for sharing with HR department
- Communicating with all field/regional offices regarding the changes brought to vouchers and or other financial documents
- Controlling and maintain proper financial record of CRLP project.
- Cross check and review the contracts/POs receives from field/regional offices
- Contribute to the financial management system of DACAAR and ensure sound financial management in all programs
- Suggest and propose any reviews for change to the policies as actual practice may require.
- Cross checking & authorizing program costs from regions and ensure correctly charged to correct budget line and posted to the SUN ledger system
- Vet, review and ensure all regional and field payments (cash, cheque, transfers etc) have been made with sufficient and complete supporting documentation
- To vet and review invoices and other supporting documents for accuracy and timelines
- Review all requests, expenditures and reimbursements from the field and the regional offices.
- Liaise and co-ordinate with other departments on information requirements and to ensure compliance and timeliness of processing and effecting financial instructions.
- Ensure timely and proper filing, maintenance and custody of accounts, records & documents in defined area of work for ease of reference and retrieval.
- Actively involve and provide support to donor audit in coordination with Senior Finance Officers – Reporting and Compliance
- Ensure audit preparedness of program and support departments prior to external audits.
- Provide all required financial data and information for internal and external audit and participate in preparation of audit schedules, facilitate pre-audit meeting, respond to auditor’s queries and management letter in close consultation with HoF.
- Prepare draft responses to auditor’s management letter in close consultation with senior finance officer – Reporting and compliance and program staff present it to HoF.
- This starts by making sure all projects are budgeted for within the laid down guidelines and subsequently review their progress against plan.
- The Finance Coordinator Program is authorized to act within his/her responsibilities in close contact with Head of Finance.
- The post holder has a direct responsibility to the HoF although indirectly s/he has functional responsibility for all staff in the Finance Department and all Program Offices of DACAAR.
- As a senior finance person handles very highly confidential and delicate information on the organization, senior staff and those they are directly responsible for. Care and due diligence will need to be exercised at all times.
- The post holder will support the Head of Finance, in seeing that all program activities have access to all resources they may need for efficient and smooth program delivery operations. This starts by making sure all projects are budgeted for within the laid down guidelines and subsequently review their progress against plan
Education/ Qualification and Employment Benefits
Education: Master Degree in Business Administration Finance (MBA Finance) is required.
Experience: At least 5 years of relevant experience in (NGOs) is required.
Other qualifications’ an advantage:
Full Command of MS office Package, finance system SUN, Program budgeting, Financial Statements
Languages: Pashto/Dari & English Fluency in (Written & Spoken) is required.
- Good training opportunities to enhance employees’ skills
- Severance pay: one-month salary per year of service
- 24 days of paid annual leave per year
- 10 days of paid sick leave per year
- 2 days’ weekend
- Eid bonus on both Eids (after the completion of three months service)
- 30 days of paid Hajj leave (after the completion of one-year service)
- 90 days of paid maternity leave for female employees (after the completion of three months service)
- 5 days of paid paternity leave for male employees (after the completion of three months’ service)
- 10 days of public holidays per year
- Transportation allowance AFN (2000)/ month.
Procedure for submission of applications:
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a DACAAR Job Application Form along with introduction letter and CV online to email@example.com or a Hard copy to HR Department in DACAAR main office Kabul.