Job ID 120215
Scholarship Type Fully Funded
Province or State Online
Language Requirement English
Field of Study Programming
Language of Instruction English
For everyone who enjoys programming, good news! The University of Toronto’s Free Programming Course is a great opportunity. With a focus on the Python language, this Coursera online programming course will teach students the fundamentals of programming. Those who enroll in this free online course will study the fundamentals of programming. Thus, giving all enthusiasts for programming the know-how to use Python to develop entertaining and useful software solutions. Regardless of background or experience, the University of Toronto’s online course provides an excellent chance for anyone who is interested in learning more about programming.
Beginners and those without any prior programming knowledge can enroll in this free programming course. It accepts students who are interested in computer programming and its applications and come from a variety of backgrounds. Python is a popular programming language that is used in the “learn to program” course in particular because of its ease of use and adaptability. Because of its easy-to-understand syntax and numerous industry applications, Python is a great option for novices. Thus, this programming course is an ideal chance for you to learn Python.
In addition, there are seven modules in the Coursera course on programming. Weeks separate these courses, and since this is a self-paced course, students can simply go at their own speed. Learners will gain proficiency in Python and computer programming with this free programming course. The University of Toronto course places a strong emphasis on learning by doing. To strengthen their grasp of programming ideas, participants take part in hands-on activities and coding projects. The basic building blocks of programming, such as variables, data types, control structures, and functions, will be explored by learners. In the end, these ideas form the basis for developing increasingly sophisticated software programs.
Module 1: Python, Variables and Functions:
The first module covers basic Python concepts such as variables, mathematical expressions, and functions. It also gives an overview of the course structure and introduces the programming editor used for coding tasks.
Module 2: Strings and Designing Functions:
The idea of strings as a data type for Python text representation is presented to participants in this module. Additionally, the session walks students through the process of writing functions, which is a crucial programming ability.
Module 3: Booleans, Import, Namespaces, and If Statements:
Participants will learn about Booleans this week, which stand for logical values like True and False. It offers insights into Python modules and covers subjects like data type conversion and conditional code execution using Boolean expressions inside of if statements.
Module 4: For Loops and Fancy String Manipulation:
This module covers string manipulation techniques as well as the idea of code repetition with for loops. Additionally, it offers debugging advice, enabling students to closely see how programs are executed.
Module 5: While Loops, Lists and Mutability:
This section highlights the value of appropriate code documentation in order to improve other programmers’ understanding of the code. Learners also investigate the idea of mutation and Python’s list data type.
Module 6: For Loops over Indices:
This lesson deepens students’ comprehension of manipulating lists by covering nested lists and for loop-based list iteration. Additionally, file reading and writing activities are covered, which is an important ability for communicating with outside data sources.
Module 7: Tuples and Dictionaries:
In the last module, students will learn about tuples and the dictionary type in Python.
Benefits of Free Programming Course:
- The online course on Coursera is self-paced. Hence, applicants have the chance to create their own flexible schedule.
- The programming course is a beginner-level course that does not require any past experience, skills, or qualifications.
- All applicants will get a chance to learn about computer programming and the Python language, which is in high demand these days.
- Being an introductory programming course, students do not have to worry about knowing the basics of programming. These will be taught in the course itself.
- Moreover, by applying for financial aid, individuals can get a certificate and add it to their credentials.
Eligibility Criteria for Free Programming Courses:
- People from all around the world are eligible to enroll.
- There are no prerequisites or prior knowledge requirements for this free programming course on Coursera.
- Students enrolling in this course must allocate approximately 25 hours to complete it. This further requires an 8-hour commitment per week.
- Applicants must successfully finish and pass all quizzes and assignments to qualify for the certificate.
- Moreover, access to the internet is necessary, and individuals must ensure that their computer or device meets minimum requirements.
How to Apply for the Free Programming Courses?
- If you want to apply for the Free Programming Course for Beginners, click on the Apply Now button to register.
- All individuals must apply online for the free programming course on Coursera.
- If you want to earn a certificate by the end of this course, make sure to apply for financial aid before enrolling for the course.
- Moreover, by simply signing up on Coursera, students can unlock this computer programming course and learn everything about computers, software development, programming, and the Python language.
- Therefore, all computer and programming enthusiasts should enroll themselves for free.