Job ID 120506
Opportunity Type Scholarships
Scholarship Type Fully Funded
Province or State Belgium
Language Requirement English
Field of Study Several Fields
Language of Instruction English
The Belgium Ghent University Doctoral Scholarships 2024 provide students with a fantastic chance to further their academic careers overseas. It aims to help people from underdeveloped nations succeed in their careers as researchers. The scholarship offered by Ghent University draws bright minds from all over the world to Belgium. It gives students real-world experience by integrating them into a varied community of researchers. Additionally, it helps applicants expand their expertise by allowing them to participate in various research projects under the guidance of eminent scientists. Additionally, for the first twenty-four months of the program, students are completely sponsored to conduct research in the North; the remaining twenty-four months will require them to undertake research in the South.
Potential students with lofty goals to launch a career and significantly impact the world are able to do so with the help of PhD scholarships offered in Europe. Many global challenges, such as those pertaining to food, water, and health, climate change, and other environmental concerns, are engulfing the entire planet. Ghent University’s research community is keen to create answers to address the aforementioned difficult global issues. The Ghent campus seeks to develop a workforce with a focus on molecular biotechnology, environmental and food technology, as well as intelligence, energy, and vibrancy. By following this objective, the campus generally broadens the horizons of those who are involved in various areas.
Students are given the best possible atmosphere to foster autonomous thought and high levels of research investigation through worldwide scholarship. Researchers and academics are also given a stimulating environment to think creatively and produce a convincing analysis using critical analytical approaches and procedures. One of the top foreign universities in the center of Europe is Ghent University. The world’s top institution is thought to be the hub connecting all of the continents. The institute’s research priorities are designed to address the global challenges of the world in general and Belgium in particular.
The goal of the financed European scholarships is to justify its worldwide positioning. Utilizing already-existing resources and gaining new competencies, the curriculum promotes advanced academics, research, and teaching approaches. Additionally, it functions in a collaborative setting to facilitate the exchange of knowledge and technology. To address the remaining problems, practical and participatory policies are developed in this manner. The Organization of Belgium and the Netherlands and the Ministry of Education in Korea both recognize the Ghent University Campus, which is funding the PhD fellowship. Moreover, the Campus remains on the list of international educational institutions authorized by the Chinese Ministry of Education.
Benefits of the Ghent University Scholarships 2023:
- The scholarship promoter will be given a tuition fee of EURO 310 monthly.
- EURO 8000 will be awarded including operational costs and traveling costs for Ghent University promoters, local promoters, and students.
Eligibility Criteria of the Ghent University Doctoral Scholarship 2024:
- Candidates must belong to a developing country.
- A joint proposal must be submitted by a candidate, a Ghent University promoter, and a South University promoter.
- Research topics should be development-specific.
- Candidates wishing to pursue a joint PhD degree at Ghent University are encouraged.
- Female students are preferred for the scholarship.
How to Apply for the Ghent University Scholarship in Belgium?
- The applicants have to apply online.
- Provide all your detailed personal information, e.g., name, address, date of birth, country, etc.
- Complete all the required fields for each level.
- Complete your application carefully.
- Application forms should be sent to BOFapplication@ugent.be.
- Advice on the candidate, which declares the supervisor’s opinion regarding the candidate’s capability as a future researcher.
- Advice on the ethical and biosafety aspects of the research project that is to be proposed.
- The application deadline for the Ghent University Doctoral Scholarship Program in Belgium is February 20, 2024.