Job ID 113332
Opportunity Type Scholarships
Scholarship Type Fully Funded
Province or State South Korea
Language Requirement English
Field of Study Several Fields
Language of Instruction Master's Degree and Ph.D.
GIST Scholarship in South Korea is accepting applications for the year 2024 March intake. This fully funded scholarship provides students, researchers, and technical individuals with the opportunity to pursue MS, PhD, and MS, leading to PhD degrees. The GIST scholarship in South Korea trains talented individuals to further develop in the fields of science and technology. It is one of the prestigious Korean scholarships promoting world-class knowledge and skills through research-oriented projects and courses. International students from all countries are eligible to apply for this fully funded scholarship in South Korea. This international scholarship in South Korea covers tuition fees, a one-way airline ticket to Korea, and the provision of monthly stipends. Also, the duration of GIST scholarship for MS, PhD, and integrated MS/PhD are three, seven, and eight years respectively.
Also, international students don’t need to worry about learning the Korean language, as English will be the language of instruction. It will help them understand and learn more efficiently. Moreover, international students will get an opportunity to explore Korean culture during their stay. The application submission deadline for the scholarship for international students is 15 October 2023 for the March 2024 intake.
Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology is one of the top public universities in Gwangju, South Korea. GIST Scholarships for international students is the university’s project in collaboration with the South Korea Ministry of Science and Technology.
Benefits of GIST Fully Funded Scholarships in South Korea 2024:
- The scholarship will cover the 100% tuition fee of international students.
- MS students will receive a monthly stipend of 140,000 Won.
- PhD students will get a monthly stipend of 295,000 Won.
- MS and PhD students will receive a meal allowance of 100,000 Won.
- MS and PhD students will receive an international student allowance of 120,000 Won. However, students must maintain a three or higher GPA out of 4.5 in the previous semester.
- MS students participating in research projects will receive a research assistantship of 4,785,384 won per year, while PhD students will get a research assistantship of 12,263,262 won per year.
- Also, GIST will reimburse one-way flight to South Korea (only once).
- It will also cover 60% of national health insurance, including annual medical checkups.
- Opportunity to study at a top Korean university without worrying about financial expenses.
- Live in South Korea and discover Korean culture.
Eligibility Criteria for GIST Fully Funded Scholarships in South Korea 2024:
- Applicants must hold a final degree before enrollment at GIST.
- Their bachelor’s degree must be equivalent to a Korean bachelor’s degree.
- Furthermore, applicants from all countries can apply (except for South Korea).
- They should be proficient in English.
- Applications must have an excellent academic record.
- They must demonstrate academic excellence.
- They must also meet the criteria and requirements of the program/course they are applying for.
- Online application
- Official degrees and transcripts. Apostille is preferred; notarized copies are also acceptable.
- Two letters of recommendation with the stamp and signs of the recommenders.
- A copy of the applicant’s passport.
- Official English language test report i-e, TOEFL (BT) 80, TOEFL (PBT) 550, IELTS 6.5, TOEIC 750, NEW TEPS 327.
- If you can not get your test result in time, your home university can give you a professional English language proficiency certificate stating that English is the language of instruction in your previous university.
How to Apply?
- You must be thinking about how to apply for GIST scholarships in South Korea. Here is a quick guide on application process.
- Interested students can apply by visiting apply now link.
- The GIST scholarship application process is online.
- You must carefully fill out the application form fro one of the eligible programs.
- Don’t leave any fields empty; instead, write NA.
- Submit the required documents.
- Once the application is submitted, International Admissions Coordinator will contact you.
- Applicants will receive admission notification through an email; they have to respond to the admission offer within 15 days of the email.
- Then pay the matriculation fee; if you are unable to pay the fee, fill out the matriculation fee waiver application.
- Upon enrollment, students will receive an admission certificate, financial sponsorship certificate and letter of invitation.
- Scholarship applicants will receive notification about the admission result by the end of November 2023.
- The process of registration of admitted students will be done by early January.
- Successful students will start their studies in the spring semester (March 2024 intake).
- So, if you are eager to visit and study in Korea fully funded, apply for the GIST international scholarships and fulfil your dream of studying in South Korea.
- However, before starting the application, check the admission guide on the official website.