Job ID 118526
Opportunity Type Scholarships
Scholarship Type Fully Funded
Province or State Pakistan
Language Requirement English
Field of Study Several Fields
Language of Instruction Bachelor - Master
The Hanns Seidel Foundation’s flagship programme, the Hanns Seidel Scholarship Program (HSSP), is now accepting applications from Afghan refugees in Pakistan.
The HSSP is ready to assist Afghan refugees in Pakistan and strives to improve regional stability in the Pakistan-Afghanistan region. This program offers long-term assistance to young, outstanding Afghan students who are registered as refugees in Pakistan and are enrolled in Pakistani universities.
These Afghan students will be able to pay their university educations, obtain additional training in crucial areas outside of their studies, gain vital professional experience through on-the-job training, and put their newly acquired knowledge to use. The HSSP is being implemented in the broader Pakistan-Afghanistan bilateral conversation by HSF Pakistan and the National conversation Forum.
All scholarships will be conceptually supported by HSF Pakistan partner organizations and the HSF Country Office. Furthermore, they will gain from this additional aid in providing democratic education, academic work, tolerance, conflict resolution, and social cohesion. Workshops, discussions, cultural and athletic activities will all contribute to this goal. They will discuss, among other things, social cohesion, human rights, equality, subsidiarity, political systems, digital skills, rhetoric, soft skills, and academic methodological knowledge.
Brief Details About Hanns Seidel Scholarships for Afghan Refugees in Pakistan for 2023:
- Number of Opportunities: 30 per year
- Program Duration: 2 to 4 years
- Study Level: Bachelor’s and Masters
- Specified for: POR (Proof of Registration) cardholder.
- Funding Type: Fully funded
To apply for the Hanns Seidel Scholarship Program, applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Applicants should be POR cardholders from Afghanistan who live in Pakistan.
- Must have enrolled in a full-time academic degree program (undergraduate or graduate) in Pakistan at any Higher Education Commission-recognized university.
- Outstanding academic achievements
- Social involvement, such as contributions to Pakistan’s refugee community.
- Willingness to participate in HSF Pakistan, National Dialogue Forum, and their partners’ democratic, academic, and professional training programs.
- Interest in preparing for and attending regional stability-related national and international events
Benefits of the Hanns Seidel Scholarship Program
The scholarship covers the following costs:
- Each student receives a scholarship grant of 30,000 PKR every month.
- For academic purposes, each scholarship recipient will receive one laptop (must be returned to HSF before the end of the funding period)
- As conceptual support, there have been numerous HSSP training events and activities.
- On-the-job training to prepare Afghan refugee students for future careers in their native country.
- These privileges are usually available until the current degree program completion.
- The application period is a long year, and there is no specific deadline.
Applicants should submit the following documents as part of their application package:
- Filled Application Form
- One Cover Letter with a maximum of two pages describing why the applicant would be a perfect fit and worthy recipient of this scholarship, including all academic achievements, social activities, accomplishments, and plans)
- Update one page CV in maximum.
- An academic advisor’s brief letter of support is a maximum of two pages.
- One photograph
- Scan of POR with Proof of Verification from the NADRA office
- A scan of matriculation and intermediate diplomas (equivalence certificates for students who have studied at Afghan schools)
- Proof of enrollment in a Pakistani university approved by the Higher Education Commission (HEC).
- Previous semester’s transcripts
How to Apply for Hanns Seidel Scholarship Program?
Applicants should email the mentioned above documents as a single PDF file and in the correct order (1-9) to the HSSP Focal Person through the email address below:
Submission Email: email@example.com