Job ID 120070
Experience 4 Years
Degree Bachelor Degree
No of Opportunity 4
Province or State Konar
Vacancy Number IRW-KNR-011-2023
Health & Hygiene Promoter Job at Islamic Relief Worldwide Multiple Position:
About Islamic Relief Worldwide
Islamic Relief Worldwide – Afghanistan Country Office (IRA) is an international non profitable non-governmental humanitarian relief organization with its head quarter in UK-Birmingham. It enjoys consultative status with the Economic and social Council of the United Nations and is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for International Red Cross and red Crescent Moments and NGOs in Disaster Relief. IRA started its humanitarian activities for Afghan Refugees in Pakistan and Afghan people inside Afghanistan in 1992. Since then, IRA continued providing assistances in different fields: Emergency Relief, Agriculture, Health, Education, Engineering and construction, irrigation, and social welfare.
Job Summary Health & Hygiene Promoter Job at Islamic Relief Worldwide Multiple Position:
Under the supervision of the project coordinator and Field Supervisor, the Hygiene promoters participate in hygiene campaigns, door to door hygiene promotion. S/he prepares written material and clear and adapted messages for the beneficiaries. S/he distributes hygiene items and can prepare hygiene promotion plans. The Hygiene Promoter may support other WASH activities as well
Duties & Responsibilities
· To conduct WASH assessment on targeted area
· To conduct participatory approach in promoting good water, sanitation and hygiene practices in targeted area
· To conduct participatory monitoring of water and sanitation facilities usage and maintenance with community
· To inform local authority and health department if there is outbreak in community that requires immediate response.
· Evaluate the necessary material needed for a campaign/activity
· Identify problems and provide sustainable changes of WASH Knowledge, Aptitudes and Practices to the local communities.
· Mobilize the community to change behavior regarding hygiene practice.
· Creation and follow up WASH Committees and their performance in the Informal Settlements.
· Convince all household of the importance of good hygiene practice
· Ensure the work is properly done and the material use wisely
· Participate in hygiene campaign, doing shows in gatherings and at community level
· Animate focus group, giving clear message on good hygiene practices
· Conduct household assessments, distribution of water and sanitation items ** Support other WASH related activities.
· Provide professional and confidential services to survivors of GBV and CP.
· Document client information through accurate filling of intake and consent forms and ensure confidential and safe storage.
· Data collection regarding the project and potential beneficiaries
· Any other official related tasks may assign to hem/her
- 14th Grade Passed, Midwife/Nurse.
- Graduate from Midwifery or Nursing is desirable.
- 1-2 years work experience in relevant field.
- Previous work experience with an international organization is preferable.