Job ID 120715
Degree Bachelor Degree
Province or State Kabul
Vacancy Number 432/23
About BRAC Afghanistan:
BRAC is a nongovernmental development organization originated in Bangladesh and currently working in 10 countries in Asia and Africa. BRAC began its operation in Afghanistan in 2002, has been implementing its development programs in education, health, citizens’ charter Afghanistan programme as well as capacity development in the country.
She/he will support team to work effectively to bring changes in livelihood status and support team in developing vocational and entrepreneurial skills, adapting to the needs of the local markets, and supporting business incubation, particularly targeting women entrepreneurs. He/ She ensures transparency in grant or input support participants to facilitate the opening of businesses or self-employment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Coordinate and strengthening the relation with relevant stakeholder (Govt institutions and NGOs) to support BRAC in strategic planning, policy and program implementation in selected areas
• Support team to conduct a need analysis and market assessment in each targeted province to identify relevant trades or occupations that are in demand among women entrepreneurs or startups in the community, and present viable livelihoods given market conditions.
• Support to identify in the target project areas, the final suite of business incubation training that will be offered to project participants.
• Supports the team during the selection of participants, prioritizing the innovative women and those who have creative ideas or businesses in target provinces.
• Follow up the process of stipend or providing input for those participants who successfully complete the training to support them with the starting up of their self- or wage employment
• Support project activities and project staff to adapt and enhance existing course materials and curricula where available, and develop curricula for new topics, with technical support and insights from BRAC International.
• Timely technical support to provincial team on linking participants to existing financial institutions and to potential markets for increasing their business inputs.
• Any other task/duty as may be assigned by the supervisor.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and time management
• Extensive experience in developing policy papers, strategic planning documentations, strong ability to communicate and summarize the findings and analyses in writing;
• Experience in donor coordination, reporting and
• Experience in liaising and advising
• Fluency in English, Pashto and Dari, both written and spoken
• Familiar with report writing and planning
• Honest, proactive, and well mannered.
• Experience of working in teams and coordinating with project/Programme personnel located in provinces and Districts
• Must be a team player with initiative and demonstrated ability to work in a challenging work environment;
• Strong work ethic and the ability to interact well with stakeholders at various levels; and
• Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills
• Good organizational, communication, interpersonal
Interested candidates are requested to send their application (complete C.V along with a cover letter and reference information) to Human Resources Department, BRAC Afghanistan.