Job ID 120696
Degree Bachelor Degree
Province or State Kabul
The MEAL Manager will have a key role in establishing and promoting use of MEAL systems. S/he will implement and revisit programme MEAL framework, focusing on building the capacity of relevant programme staff, as well as promoting and fostering a culture of shared learning and accountability and promoting innovation within the country programme. This includes supporting in the development and integration of accountability, learning and programme quality standards in programme assessments, design, monitoring, review and evaluation as well as consistent documentation of learning and progress in this area.
The Successful candidate must have or be:
- Master / Bachelor Degree in Social / Development Sciences or related field
- Substantial relevant experience on similar role in developing countries and/or countries in transition / conflict particularly.
- Demonstrated experience in program design monitoring and evaluation or management, having served at such a position before.
- Experience and understanding of both qualitative and quantitative data collection methods and analysis.
- Previous experience with major donor proposal M&E requirements
- Capacity building experience in project monitoring, reporting, and evaluation.
- Strong and well developed analytical skills coupled with experience of writing reports that are usable by different stakeholders (in the English language)
- Strategic planning and leadership orientation skills.
Islamic Relief is a faith-inspired humanitarian aid and development agency working to save and transform the lives of some of the world’s most vulnerable people. We work in over 45 countries, assist people of all faiths and none according to need and do not discriminate in any way. Our proximity means we can often respond swiftly to emergencies and work in areas that other organisations cannot access.
We are the only UK-based Muslim faith-inspired charity to have been certified against the Core Humanitarian Standard on Quality and Accountability (CHS), which is designed to ensure that charities best meet the needs of the communities they serve.
Islamic Relief is a member of the Disasters Emergency Committee (DEC), we have Consultative Status with the UN Economic and Social Council, and we are a signatory to the Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.