Job ID 117770
Experience 2 Years
Degree Bachelor Degree
Province or State Kabul
MEAL Assistant – Kabul, Afghanistan (National)
Geneva Call is a neutral and impartial non-governmental organisation dedicated to promoting respect for international humanitarian norms in armed conflict and other situations of violence. Geneva Call’s mission is to ensure that armed groups and de facto authorities (AGDA) respect International Humanitarian Law and basic humanitarian principles in the areas where they fight or they control.
- To roll out and manage MEAL mechanism as per commitments of Geneva Call.
- Support Communication with GC partners and international NGOs about issues and the implementation of projects.
- To carry out regular field monitoring of program interventions and produce monitoring reports on the given format, conduct debrief sessions with relevant program staff and develop an agreed action plan.
- Follow-up and regularly updating of the activity trackers to monitor all activities and complaints.
- To maintain complaints and feedback tracking database and do follow up on complaints to reach a resolution involving relevant project/program staff.
- To assist the project in carrying out preliminary first inquiry report in case of serious nature of complaint filed by beneficiaries/communities.
- Work closely with IT and field to know how to store data base in shared folders.
- To assist in reviewing data bases and data tracking tools of diverse projects to maintain data quality for collating reliable and consistent data which meets minimum reporting requirements of donors and Geneva Call.
- To assist in planning and implementation of baseline surveys, monitoring and evaluation exercises and impact assessments when needed.
- To update the Complaint and Feedback Mechanism which facilitate beneficiaries/communities to register complaints and share feedback.
- To assist the project in identifying key compliance/quality questions and parameters capitalizing on the existing checklists and minimum standards for monitoring project performance.
- Regularly field visits to monitor the project implementation for the purpose of activity quality enhancement.
- Data entry and record keeping of the activities in all databases in regular bases.
Education and experience
- Completed Degree of Higher Education in relevant fields;
- At least 2 years in a humanitarian/human rights/protection organization working in Afghanistan;
- Experience with international organizations is preferred.
- Quantitative survey/research skills, quantitative analytical tools using Excel, Kobo, SPSS and other relevant offline/online survey tools.
- Required: English, Dari and Pashto.
- Practical knowledge of project planning and assessment tools;
- can work with teams and independently with minimum supervision.
- The Job Description
- The individual Work- and Professional Development Plan
- The Competency Framework
Conflict of interest
- Position: MEAL Assistant
- Department: MEAL
- Type of Contract: Fixed Term contract (National position)
- Activity rate: 100%
- Work place: Kabul, Afghanistan
- Preferred start date: as soon as possible