Job ID 118659
Experience 3 Years
Degree Bachelor Degree
Province or State Kabul
Vacancy Number 13698
About United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA):
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s strategic plan (2022-2025), reaffirms the relevance of the current strategic direction of UNFPA and focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices. These results capture our strategic commitments to accelerating progress towards realizing the ICPD and SDGs in the Decade of Action leading up to 2030. Our strategic plan calls upon the UN Member States, organizations, and individuals to “build forward better”, while addressing the negative impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic on women’s and girls’ access to sexual and reproductive health and reproductive rights, recovering lost gains, and realize our goals.
Afghanistan faces an unprecedented humanitarian crisis with very real risk of systematic collapse and human catastrophe. The crisis is feared to rollback development gains of the last twenty years. In response to the humanitarian situation, UNFPA in Afghanistan works towards increasing the availability and use of integrated SRH/PSS services (including family planning, maternal health and psychosocial support) that are gender- responsive and meet human rights standards for quality of care and equity in access.
Within this context, the GBViE M&E Consultant to provide assistance to the smooth and transparent implementation of the Project’s Results-Based Monitoring and Evaluation and support the UNFPA GBViE Country Program in data collection, processing, validating, storing, and reporting with evidence based recommendations. She/he will be in regular contact with implementing partners head quarter and field staff to ensure completion, accuracy, reliability and timeliness of the required data. Furthermore, she/he will contribute to donor reports in coordination with the GBViE program specialist and GBViE unit team.
UNFPA is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation National Consultant to support the UNFPA Afghanistan, GBViE Program.
The M&E Consultant will be responsible for monitoring and evaluating activity progress according to project indicators and tracking implementation of quality improvement measures. The consultant will work with the Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist to design and implement program evaluation tools that, in coordination with the monitoring activities, aim to ensure that the project maintains its strategic vision and that its activities result in the achievement of its intended outputs in a timely manner.
The Monitoring and Evaluation National Consultant will work under the direct supervision of the UNFPA GBViE Programme Specialist. Furthermore, he/she will coordinate closely with the GBViE team, program staff, UNFPA country Office M&E team to monitor and assess the quality of activities and performance indicators in Kabul Co.
You would be responsible for:
With guidance from the GBViE Program Specialist and in close collaboration with departmental and field teams, the M&E Consultant provides expertise and support in the areas of data collection, evaluation, and reporting. The M&E Consultant will be providing support in monitoring and evaluating ongoing projects in GBViE Unit. He/she will be responsible for overall M&E and learning needs of the project and will come up with findings based on real data to show performance of the projects. He/she will play a role in promoting key learnings for the improvement of the project and for wider learning of the organization.
Essential job duties:
- Create/ or contextualized standard data collection tools for the GBViE activities as required.
- Ensure routine data Collection, Data Analysis and timely monitoring of the plan activities.
- Collect standard data for all GBViE related activities and enter the data in the UNFPA dashboard.
- Clean and compile all GBViE Service Delivery Points (SDP’s) facility and community level data and ensure quality of the data by applying data quality assurance protocol and methods for providing the program clean, complete, and up to date data.
- Compile data for the Spotlight Initiative and contribute a monthly progress report.
- Closely track and monitor the statistics and project’s indicators on a regular basis.
- Provide additional analysis of data and information on different variables when needed
- Conduct routine data quality audits and review the quality of collected data and the methods for data collection
- Set monthly realistic targets to be met by the field staff and monitor the results at the end of the month
- Share and discuss M&E findings and compiled data with relevant program staff to inform program activities
- Support development of project monitoring plan of the projects
- Assist in drafting weekly, monthly, quarterly, semiannual and annual reports, in conjunction with GBViE program team, according to donor requirements
- Assist in preparation of monthly and/or bimonthly reports for UNFPA and donors (including all Spotlight Initiative related) as required
- Provide full and detailed feedback to the implementing partners on reporting problems and solutions.
- Assist in the design of a comprehensive reporting system across the program while working with staff to ensure consistency and compatibility of information formats.
Assessments, Evaluation, and Learning:
- In coordination with program staff and/or external consultants, participate in the implementation of surveys or studies and analyze results to inform project design and program implementation
- Assist in the design and development of monitoring and evaluation guidelines and tools in a participatory manner
- Document program progress including lessons learned and success stories
- Share learning from M&E process with the wider team
- Support in the development of proposals (particularly objectives, outputs, and indicators) and project targets as needed
- Assist in training field staff on M&E tools and techniques, as needed.
- Attend meetings in person particularly related to the Spotlight Initiative
- Contribute to mental health baseline research data analysis and report.
- Any other duties requested by line managers
Adhere to all of UNFPA’s policies and procedures, including Code of Conduct and SOPs.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in social work or other social sciences, public health, community health, international relations, international law, gender studies, human rights or related field. A first-level university degree in combination with seven additional years of qualifying experience may be considered in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Good knowledge of gender-based violence issues, with a minimum of 3 years of satisfactory working experience in data collection, management and analysis
- Demonstrated understanding of issues related to confidentiality, data safety and other ethical concerns related to the sharing of sensitive data between humanitarian agencies.
- Demonstrated organizational skills: the ability to work independently and productively with multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in current office software applications.
- Ability to organize work effectively and to meet planned deadlines.
- Experience with conducting research, FGD’s and surveys
- Familiarity with the UN and its policies and principles will be an advantage.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English. Dari and Pashto are necessary as the working language in Afghanistan.
- UNFPA will only accept properly completed job application form in Quantum before the closing date & will not consider late submissions after closing date. Any information provided on the Quantum job application form will be considered binding.
Important Note: Applicants must accurately complete/draft their Job Application Form (Candidate Profile) in the below given link and submit before the deadline, kindly note that you will need to upload P11/CV.