Job ID 117267
Experience 2 Years
Degree Bachelor Degree
Province or State Bamian
Vacancy Number KBL_065
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last kilometer: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard-to-reach areas. ACTED develops and implements programs that target the most vulnerable amongst populations that have suffered from conflict, natural disaster, or socio-economic hardship. ACTED’s approach looks beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihoods reconstruction and sustainable development. ACTED is active in 35 countries and implements more than 495 projects a year reaching over 11 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED is working in 14 north, northeastern and East & West provinces of Afghanistan. These provinces are affected by natural and man-made disasters. ACTED is providing relief and emergency assistance to the vulnerable population affected by displacements, conflicts, or natural disasters, in the field of agriculture, NFI, shelters, WASH and food security.
Under the direct supervision of the Project Officer will be responsible for the implementation and follow up of the all-project activities in the respected province. The project Assistant will assist the Project Officer by providing on project activities and ensuring compliance with ACTED policies, EuropeAid rules and regulations and with the approved program description.
The project Assistant follows up of day-to-day plan for the business and marketing promoters and social organizers working with in close coordination with project Officer.
Duties and responsibilities:
- The Project assistant must assist project officer in overall planning, reports and update on the day-to-day program activities.
- Assist project Officer in preparing of documents and follow up status of the contracts with provincial based on agreed plan.
- Receive and verify project progress reports, prepare and follow up the project payments in consultation with project officer and follow up the process accordingly.
- Assist in organizing project filing system and updated relevant documents and files regularly and when required.
- Follow up financial expenditure and liquidation of fund with finance section
- Draft routine correspondences/documents related to Project and maintain project needed items including stationary.
- Keeps project progress report and share it with concern sections/parties.
- Conduct field mission and monitor/visit the water supply and sanitation activities at field level to ensure that the services are delivered according to the contract.
- Draft letters/requests and share with provincial relevant sectors and or donor agencies.
- Performs any other administrative duties that may arise or prescribed by the project officer.
- Diploma in business Administrative or in relevant field.
- At least 2 years practical experience in relevant field with national/international organization with involvement in office assistance.
- The Incumbent must demonstrate knowledge and experience with spreadsheets which will be used for inventory and store management.
- Must be computer literate and familiar with basic computer software including MS Office.
- The Project Assistant may be required to travel to regional capitals from time to time in order to participate in implementation of the project.
- Fluency in speaking and writing, Dari, Pashto and English languages.
- Speaking, Writing and Computer
Those who fulfill the above-mentioned criteria should send their updated CV to below submission.
Kindly mention Vacancy number, position title along with province and district name in subject line or your application may not be considered.
Please do not send heavy size documents (i.e. Tazkira, Education documents, work certificates)
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the next stage of recruitment.
No CV will be received after the closing date.
Note: The local residents are highly encouraged to apply, and they have priority.