Job ID 120970
Scholarship Type Fully Funded
Province or State Japan
Language Requirement English
Field of Study Several Fields
Language of Instruction English
The National Institute of Genetics (NIG) and the Genetics program (Sokendai) offer a fully funded research internship program for undergraduate and graduate students who want to gain practical experience in genetics and related fields in life sciences in Japan. Interns will undertake autonomous research while being mentored by the Host. The NIGINTERN Program has received full funding.
The program also involves scientific research training, scientific communication training, and lab visits. The 2024 NIG Internship will begin on June 13 and end on July 24, 2024. Participants will give presentations and share their experiences at the “NIGINTERN Reports Symposium” at the end of the internship. NIG will award a completion certificate. More information about the NIG Internship 2024 is provided below.
Benefits NIG Internship 2024 in Japan NIGINTERN:
Table of Contents
- NIG will cover the rough airfare ticket from the participant’s home country to Japan and from Japan to the participant’s home country.
- NIG will also cover the Airport Transfer
- Accommodation fees, and travel insurance during the program.
- Living and miscellaneous expenses.
Note: NIG covers expenses for the designated period only.
Who can Apply for the NIG Internship Program?
- Applicant must be in prefinal-year at the time of application. For example:
- In 3rd year of a 4-year bachelor’s program, in the 2nd year of a 3-year bachelor’s program, in the 4th year of a 5-year program, in the 1st year of a 2-year master’s program, or in the 5th year of a 6-year program.
- Applicants must show their interest in genetics and related fields in life sciences.
- NIG welcomes applications from any country/nationality.
How to Apply for the NIG Internship?
They accept applications through the online application system. You can also read this application guideline on how to complete the online application.
The online application system opens on November 27, 2023, and closes at noon on January 9, 2024 (Japan Standard Time, JST).