Job ID 120622
Opportunity Type Scholarships
Scholarship Type Fully Funded
Province or State USA
Language Requirement English
Field of Study Several Fields
Language of Instruction Bachelor - Master - Ph.D.
For the fully funded Obama Foundation Scholars Program 2024–2025, which offers study in the USA, the application portal is now open. The program, which is an initiative of Columbia University through Columbia World Projects, is aimed at young, ambitious individuals worldwide who are willing to take on the challenge of attending Columbia University and, in turn, make a positive impact on their communities.
This full-time, fully-funded leadership development program unites up-and-coming leaders from the US and throughout the globe who have shown a dedication to solving problems in their local communities, nations, and areas.
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): Obama Foundation
- Scholarships to be taken at: University of Columbia, New York City.
- Scholarship Type: Full funding.
- Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship Benefits (below)
- Slots: Several Scholarships available.
- Study Level: All Courses.
- Nationality: Students worldwide.
- Application Deadline: December 12, 2023 at 5PM ET.
The Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University seeks rising leaders from around the world who meet the following criteria:
- Have a proven commitment to service and leadership within a community, region or country outside the United States, coupled with a demonstrated commitment to return to these communities following their completion of the program and apply their enhanced training, skills and connections on a long-term basis for the benefit of these communities
- Are emerging leaders who have made meaningful contributions to their field and are now at a “tipping point” in their careers
- Have the ability and inclination to positively shape the future of their community
- Have a demonstrated commitment to humility, integrity, inclusivity, stewardship, fearlessness, imagination and teamwork
- Are fluent in English (verbal, written and spoken)
The Obama Foundation Scholars Program comes with the following benefits for the scholars:
- Monthly stipend to assist with living expenses in New York City.
- A furnished studio apartment within walking distance of Columbia University
- All tuition and fees for up to four courses at Columbia University
- Basic medical, dental and life insurance for the duration of the program in New York City
- Air travel to and from home country and any program-related activities
How-to-Apply: To apply for the Obama Foundation Scholars Program 2024-2025, applicants are to: complete the online application form and submit the following materials:
- Resume/curriculum vitae: The resume/curriculum vitae should be a chronological listing of your employment and academic history, and other significant activities, including any awards, publications, or other achievements․
- Personal video statement: The personal video statement should be a short video (no longer than five minutes in length) introducing the applicant and their work to the selection committee. Applicants will upload their video statement to a video hosting service, like YouTube or Vimeo, and will include a link to their video in the online application. Additional information on the requirements for the personal video statement can be found in the online application.
- Responses to short essay questions: The short essay questions help the selection committee understand the applicant’s work, their motivation and how the program fits into their career trajectory. Applicants will submit their essay questions in the online application.