Job ID 121069
Experience 3 Years
Degree Bachelor Degree
Opportunity Type Jobs
Province or State Kabul
Language Requirement (Pashto and ,Dari &English
Duration 12 month
Vacancy Number 2303465
These are National Project Personnel positions – SB-03 / SC5.1
The incumbent will work under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative (FAOR) in Afghanistan. S/he will work under the direct supervision of the Supply Chain / Logistics Specialist the Supply Chain / Logistics Specialist
The incumbent will be responsible for all day-to-day supervision, technical guidance and the performance evaluation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Administrative Support: Provide general administrative support such as managing incoming and outgoing correspondence, filing documents.
- Calendar Management: Assist in managing the office calendar, including scheduling meetings, preparing agendas, taking minutes, and distributing meeting materials to participants. Arrange conference calls and send reminders to ensure all team members are well-informed about tasks and deadlines.
- Travel Coordination: Facilitate travel, accommodations, and itineraries, including coordination with travel and other units on booking flights, hotels, and any other necessary arrangements.
- Support Obtaining Approvals: Assist in obtaining management and other signatories’ approval on Memos, internal documents, and letters to external organizations and government bodies in collaboration with the Logistics Team members and under the supervision of the Head of Unit.
- Financial and supplier’s documents review and cross check.
- Filing management both hard and soft
- Document Management: Scan and post endorsed letters, tax exemption, and shipping documents for submission to suppliers, as well as receiving inward documentation.
- Government Fees and Supplier Invoice Processing: In coordination with the Logistics Specialists and under the supervision of the Head of Unit, assist in processing government fees and reviewing supplier invoices, following up on payment status with related departments, and maintain financial records.
- Data Entry and Reporting: Assist in data entry tasks, including updating databases, spreadsheets, and other relevant systems, and generate reports/information as required.
- Event Coordination: Assist in organizing and coordinating office events, meetings, workshops, or conferences. Coordinate venue booking, catering, audiovisual equipment setup, and guest registration.
- Reception and Front Desk Duties: Coordinate access to ICON for FAO Logistics suppliers and visitors in collaboration with Logistics specialists.
- Perform other related duties required to ensure efficient office support to the Representation
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
University degree (Bachelor) in business administration, management or closely related areas.
At least three (3) years of relevant experience in logistic and administrative with an international organization in a logistic or administrative position. At least 2 years of UN or INGO experience is desirable.
Working knowledge (level C) of English.
National of Afghanistan.
FAO Core Competencies
Building Effective Relationships
Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Proven ability to perform daily warehouse and inventory management tasks, including proficiency in inventory systems and stock management.
Strong proficiency in the entire Microsoft Office suite.
Skilled in email and other forms of communication
Excellent teamwork skills.
Previous experience in managing warehouses containing sensitive items.
Working knowledge of local languages (Pashto and/or Dari)