Job ID 118180
Degree Bachelor Degree
Province or State Kabul
HALO is the leading global NGO addressing the impact and drivers of conflict in 28 countries and
territories, with over 12,000 staff. Most of our staff are local employees and include a growing number of women. Our primary duty is to serve people affected by conflict, clearing landmines and the explosive remnants of war that threaten lives and livelihoods long after fighting has finished. We make land safe where war has ended, while also assisting those affected by active conflict and endemic violence, creating more durable solutions to support stability. HALO addresses human suffering caused by armed violence in some of the world’s most fragile places, securing weapons and ammunition, and working with both state and community actors to reduce the prevalence of armed violence. In recent years HALO has grown significantly. With our financial strength and strong partnerships with corporates, governments and private donors, HALO is uniquely positioned to help build more resilient and prosperous communities; better equipped to respond to the interconnected global challenges of war, climate change, disease, political and economic instability. As a result, the nature of our programming is diversifying to increase the impact we can have.
About the Role:
The HALO Trust Afghanistan team is seeking a qualified and highly motivated Partnerships and Donor Relations Officer with an emphasis on Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) to support the Partnerships and Donor Relations Team. Under the lead of the Head of Partnerships and Donor Relations (HDPR), you will support to maintain and manage existing funding and partners, build and support donor relations, seek new funding opportunities and monitor contract delivery. You will also create and maintain donor reporting requirements and lead on the delivery of the programmes MEAL requirements in coordination with the programmes MEAL and Information Management department. This position will be based in Kabul, Afghanistan.
- Lead the planning and delivery of concept papers and proposals to a variety of different donors to achieve HALO’s short and long-term goals
Ensure close coordination with other HALO departments as part of proposal development processes and ensure timely submission of required documentationMEAL
- Create and maintain donor “baseline” reporting documents
- Develop and regularly update a M&E work plan
- Review and develop data collection tools, methodologies and standardised reporting templates
- QC data and provide refresher trainings to data collection teams as required
- Ensure beneficiary data for contracts remains up to date in the operational database
- Ensure that future programming integrates any findings or lessons learned from previous projects
- Identify training needs and opportunities for the MEAL/Survey and Information Management team and enable these opportunities in accordance with programme strategy and operational priorities
- Ensure Excel or Power BI dashboards are fit for purpose for all reporting requirements
Grant/Project Management and Reporting
- Support the development of monthly, quarterly, annual and end-of-project reports and ensure donor and HALO standards and requirements are met.
- Act as the focal point between HALO’s MEAL and Information Management team; ensure that data and findings are accurately presented in the reports
- Monitor project progress, ensure goals and objectives are achieved and ensure adherence to grant requirements and international standards
- Facilitate start-up and close-out grant/ project meetings
Partnerships and External Relations
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with HQ staff and assigned donor contacts
- Support the programmes team to identify potential implementing partners and peer organisations to work alongside and coordinate with
- Find and analyse secondary data sources from the humanitarian sector in Afghanistan to illustrate the need for HALO’s work with partners and to increase support for demining, development, and stabilisation projects
- Assist the HPDR with external representation of HALO Afghanistan and build and maintain networks with clusters, NGOs, and local donor delegations
- Support the production of case studies, newsletters, communications materials and other non-project related reports in collaboration with other departments
You should be able to:
- Work in a fast-paced, busy environment
- Maintain performance expectations in stressful environments
- Meet deadlines, be self-sufficient and work under pressure
- Contribute and communicate effectively with the team
- A degree in international development, social sciences, or related field
- Recent experience in a humanitarian or development organisation
- Understanding of project design and report and proposal writing
- Experience of cleaning, analysing and visualising data in Excel.
- Managing or conducting qualitative data collection, such as focus group discussions or key information interviews
- Developing KPIs, logframes, Theories of Change and results frameworks in relation to programme context and donor requirements
- Basic understanding of donors and their requirements such as GFFO, FCDO and UNOCHA
- Strong coordination and facilitation skills
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Excellent with excel and Microsoft tools
- Experience in large scale humanitarian emergencies
- Experience in Afghanistan (or similar contexts)
- Prior knowledge of the Mine Action sector
- Creating and editing dashboards in PowerBI
- Creating surveys using XLS forms
- Experience working with external evaluators or donors evaluating project impact.
All HALO staff are expected to undertake the following general duties:
- Work within the framework of HALO’s core values, promoting its ethos and mission statement.
- Work towards achieving programme and/or group business plan objectives.
- Ensure familiarity with and adhere to all HALO policies and procedures and keep informed of HALO activities.
- Travel overseas as and when required.
- To discharge duties and responsibilities under HALO’s Health and Safety Procedures which may include Risk and COSHH Assessments and participation in evacuation procedures as necessary.
Benefits of working at HALO:
- Salary between £31,000 – £34,000 dependent upon experience
- Local overseas allowance of $350 per month
- Shared accommodation in HALO accommodation provided at nil cost.
- 49 days of leave annually (weekend inclusive equivalent to 7 weeks of pay leave)
- Three economy return flights to the member’s official home address (or an alternative location up to an equivalent cost)
- Comprehensive insurance package: life assurance and emergency medical insurance, including evacuation and repatriation.