Job ID 120963
Experience 2 Years
Degree Bachelor Degree
Province or State Kabul
Language Requirement Dari, Pashto& English
Vacancy Number Vacancy#:445
About French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children:
FMIC was established as an innovative four-way public-private partnership between the Governments of Afghanistan and France, La Chaine de l’Espoir “Chain of Hope”, and AKDN. The Aga Khan University is managing this facility as part of AKDN initiative.
Reports directly to the Pharmacy Supervisor, Pharmacy and responsible for the preparation of the prescription by retrieving, counting, pouring, weighing, measuring, and sometimes mixing the medication. Prepares the prescription labels, selects the type of prescription container, and affixes the prescription and auxiliary labels to the container. Computes and determines price and files the prescription, which must be checked by a Registered Pharmacist before it is given to the patient.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate would be able to:
- Sterilize surfaces and equipment and prepare the sterile and nonsterile compounding
- Greet customers and answer questions
- Receive prescriptions and check their validity
- Able to work in different shifts
- Prepare and collect prescriptions medications and ensure all information is complete and accurate
- Resolve issues when they arise and measure dosages to fill prescriptions
- Sort, stock, label medication and monitor inventory
- Comply with all security measures and quality standards
- Management of Pharmaceutical preparations
- Make Preparations according to prescriptions and good practice of preparation rule
- Transport medications, drug-delivery devices, and other pharmacy equipment from the pharmacy to nursing units and clinics if need
- Checking of expiry date of medications
- Rotate through all work areas of the pharmacy.
- Diploma/Bachelor Degree in Pharmacist.
- Proven experience as pharmacy technician
- Knowledge of medication and dosage measurement
- Successful completion of a pharmacy technician program
- Good knowledge and understanding of pharmacy
- Effective team player
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Strong ethics and a high level of personal and professional integrity
- Excellent communication in English and national languages.
- Good Knowledge of Computers (Ms. Office).
Please send your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org and mark the subject with the position applied for. Only short listed candidates will be notified.