Job ID 116920
Experience 2 Years
Degree High School Diploma
Province or State Paktia
Vacancy Number SERO-772023
About Norwegian Afghanistan Committee:
The Norwegian Afghanistan Committee (NAC) is a member-based solidarity organization that has been working in support and solidarity with the Afghan people for more than 35 years. NAC works in the following sectors: Education, Gender and Human Rights, Governance and Civil Society, Health, Food Security, Job Creation, Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change Adaptation. NAC’s vision is that NAC shall contribute to an Afghanistan free of poverty where equality, democracy, human rights and respect serve as the bases for political action and development.
The Norwegian Afghanistan Committee (NAC) has a zero tolerance of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment (SEAH) both within the organization and of beneficiaries. Prevention of and protection from sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment (PSEAH) is the individual and collective responsibility of all NAC officers, management, staff, consultants, and volunteers, who are all required to familiarize themselves with, agree to, and act in accordance with NAC’s Ethical Guidelines and Commitment, NAC Child Protection Policy, and NAC PSEAH Policy, at all times – both during and outside working hours – and participate actively in introductory and refresher trainings. Any breaches of PSEAH clauses in NAC’s policies, guidelines, and/or commitments will lead to immediate termination and possible legal actions.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performing survey to identify potential suppliers and evaluating their qualifications
- Communicating with customers about order status, answering questions about products and services, and resolving issues
- Preparing purchase orders and contracts for approval by supervisors
- Negotiating price changes with suppliers when costs fluctuate significantly
- Keeping records of orders placed and shipments received Reviewing contracts to ensure that all terms have been met before signing them
- Ensuring compliance with laws and regulations regarding purchasing procedures and best practices
- Coordinating with other departments within an organization for the purchase of specialized materials or equipment
- Working directly with suppliers to obtain bids on new or ongoing projects
- Receives purchases and check requests from throughout the facility, checks for accuracy, and forwards to for further processing.
- Maintains contact with vendors regarding orders and merchandise, new products, market conditions, and trends; coordinates purchasing from on-site vendors not associated with NAC procurement operations.
- Receives, inspects, and distributes merchandise to appropriate individuals; files damage claims with freight companies or vendors.
- Identifies minority firms as possible suppliers.
- Prepares periodic reports related to purchasing, inventory control, and shipping and receiving within the local operation.
- Evaluates the quality and appropriateness of supplies and equipment; conducts cost/quality comparisons prior to submitting requests to procurement office.
- Confers with officials from all facility units to determine purchasing needs and specifications.
- Obtains and updates information on open market and contract purchase prices.
- Performs related work as required
- Other worked that is asked by supervisor
- High school graduate and bachelor degree in administration will be an asset
- Two or three years of experience in procurement
- Good communication skill in English, Dari & Pashto
- Knowledge of purchasing methods and procedures as designated by NAC procurement office.
- Knowledge of record keeping methods and procedures applicable to purchasing, as well as someknowledge of the application of bookkeeping principles and methods to the keeping of procurement records.
- Knowledge of supplies and materials utilized in office, technical, or maintenance operations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with officials vendors.
The subject must be included of position title and vacancy# (SERO-772023 Procurement Assistant ) please note that application without the position title and vacancy# will not be considered and will automatically be rejected.
Please make sure that your application/resume should be by your full name otherwise it will be rejected.
The NAC is an equal opportunity employer; women and persons with disabilities are therefore encouraged to apply.
The NAC offers: An encouraging and team-oriented working atmosphere • Significant career challenges that will test and enhance the skills of the incumbent • Interesting and worthwhile work in a growing organization • Competitive salary packages
How to apply: Please, send your application (CV and cover letter not exceeding 800 KB) to: