Job ID 56837
- Experience 5 Years
- Gender Both
- Degree Medical
- Salary 3096
- Province or State Kabul
- Vacancy Number KBL-25-2022
About CARE AFGHANISTAN:
CARE is a non-governmental, non-political, non-profit, non-partisan and non-sectarian humanitarian organization, extending its relief and development assistance to those in need. CARE, as an International Confederation of 13 member organizations is one of the world’s largest private humanitarian organizations working in more than 90 plus, countries committed to helping communities in the developing world achieve lasting victories over poverty.
Summary of Key Functions
The Health Program Manager will be deployed to support the health equity and right program senior coordinator to manage the assigned program operations of mobile health clinics and other health projects. The Health Program Manager will be expected to lead on multi-sectoral / health project planning, coordination, and support recruitment and procurement as tasked by his supervisor. The post holder will be expected to mentor and/or capacity building existing staff under his supervision. The post holder will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations of the health program, ensuing compliance with the award regulations and monitoring of health projects.
- Report to senior program coordinator health equity and right
- Collaborate with all the health projects team at CARE sub office level in respective province
- Actively contribute to Project Team Meetings, to ensure that the project pharmaceutical interventions are implemented in effective and efficient manner and the project goal and objectives are met
- Work closely with the procurement to ensure that all project materials are procured in a timely manner
- Participate in programme integration and learning meetings with a view of building program synergy
KEY RESULT EXPECTED
- Strong ability to build inter-project relationship,
- Excellent analytical skills, cultural sensitivity, and gender sensitivity,
- Ability to team work, establish a productive working environment with an ability to persuade others,
- Ability to mobilize communities and good coordination with stakeholders
- Effective computer skills (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel), monitoring and excellent supervision and coordination skills.
- Promote best practices/ lessons-learned approaches with the support/active participation of local communities during project implementation
- Lead a team of project managers assigned to ensure the projects are implemented as per the CARE’s health sector program strategy and the donor requirements
- Support the health equity and right program coordinator in developing project plans and budgets, contributing towards an overall health programme plan and budget.
- Assist the health program senior coordinator in the development of high quality concept notes and proposals.
- Prepare and oversee project implementation to ensure timely delivery of project activities (for example, monitoring against log frames, individual performance management work plans).
- With support from the program quality team and senior health staff, prepare timely program reports on project activities for each project in compliance with internal CARE requirements and any relevant donor requirements.
- Identify technical staffing needs for projects within CARE’s Health program and support with rapid recruitment, induction and training of new staff.
- With support from the project managers and health teams, identify programme supplies needs of health projects and coordinate with the logistics team to put in place procurement, storage, transport and stock management plans
- With support from the Monitoring & Evaluation team put in place an M & E plans for each project, ensuring this links to reporting requirements,
- Provide capacity building of health field staff to implement health projects
- Ensure that accountability mechanisms are in place for Health projects, ensuring that complaints and feedbacks are responded to in a timely manner, and that feedback from children and women is considered in project design.
- Contribute to the development of new health program designs and technical and financial proposals to ensure the growth of health sector within CARE Afghanistan
- Identify learning and training opportunities for the project teams under his/her supervision and work as a mentor and role model for less experienced staff.
- Run and support planned training and induction courses for health staff as required
- Represent the organization in relevant workshops, taskforces, and meetings in MoPH
- Participate in health cluster meetings, and technical working groups
- Communicate program updates or changes to relevant stakeholders in consultation with senior coordinator health equity and right program
- Work with entire health team of the organization
Organize visits by key stakeholders, including donors
- Significant experience of working in humanitarian programmes, in particular primary health care
- Health professional with postgraduate qualification in public health or equivalent field experience
- Previous experience of managing a team and starting mobile health units
- Previous experience of project management with international NGOs
- Experience of and commitment to working through systems of community participation and accountability
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation
- Experience of training and capacity building staff
- Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
- Excellent communication skills especially with external stakeholders such as local authorities.
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- A high level of written and spoken English
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and insecure working circumstances.
- Experience in nutrition programs
- An area of particular expertise within humanitarian health
- Experience or knowledge of working and living in relevant regions/context
- Ability and willingness to travel to the project sites within Afghanistan
Honest, proactive, and well mannered
Please submit your completed CARE Standard Job application form (http://www.acbar.org/applicationform) to Afg.Vacancies@care.org before the closing date, applications without Care Standard Job application form will be considered for shortlisting.
Applications after closing date will not be accepted.
Please Indicate the position title, Vacancy Number and Location in the Subject Line (Program Manager Health KBL-25-2022) otherwise your application will not be considered.
Please note that there is no telephonic inquiry and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted with and call for Interview.
The successful applicant will be expected to undergo a Security check, Bridger check & Reference check and be compliant and sign up to Care Afghanistan’s Code of Conduct, PSHA (Prevention from Sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse) and other Care Afghanistan policies prior to a final offer being made.
Qualified People with Physical Disabilities and Female candidate are highly encourage to apply.
CARE IS COMMITTED TO CHILD PROTECTION POLICY (Available at: http://bit.ly/CAREAFG_Child_Protection_Policy)