Job ID 119925
Experience 4 Years
Degree Bachelor Degree
Province or State Nangarhar
Project Assistant Job at Geneva Call Nangarhar Afghanistan:
Project Assistant – Nangarhar, Afghanistan (National)
Geneva Call is a neutral and impartial non-governmental organisation dedicated to promoting respect for international humanitarian norms in armed conflict and other situations of violence. Geneva Call’s mission is to ensure that armed groups and de facto authorities (AGDA) respect International Humanitarian Law and basic humanitarian principles in the areas where they fight or they control.
Geneva Call consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. Geneva Call is an inclusive working environment for all its staff. Applications are particularly encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on the grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
Under the supervision of the Project Officer, the Project assistant contributes to the operations of Geneva Call in focused provinces by supporting PO in the implementation and the management of humanitarian engagement-related project(s) according to the program plans, internal procedures, and guidelines as well as donor requirements and security constraints. It is a national position.
- Develop a narrative report of the GC events (training, workshops, forums) conducted in the province;
- Prepare a report on all project expenses of budgets and available funding, including supporting documents;
- Support the Project officer in quality assurance of project implementation and monitoring in accordance with Geneva Call and donor work plans, budget, and procedures;
- Manage safe-keeping of information and knowledge, including the filing of program documents and materials;
- Raise purchase request (PR) for the events implemented in the province and share and follow up on the PR with the Kabul team;
- Ensure the safe transfer of financial documents to Kabul office;
- Upload all activity reports on Kobo and SharePoint;
- Prepare meeting minutes, field mission reports, and risk assessments;
- Organize hall for the GC events (training, workshop, and consultation sessions);
- Any other task assigned by the Project officer.
- Provide material (photos, videos, stories from the field) about the project and timely reports to showcase project outcomes and achievements;
- Support implementation of communications strategy including activities, campaigns, events and other initiatives.
- In coordination with the Project Officer, engage with local authorities, communities, and organizations regularly;
- Assist PO in engaging senior officials and other key stakeholders at the provincial level;
- Provide support in arranging meetings, drafting speaking points and messages for GC senior management visiting the province.
- Attend and represent Geneva Call as required at conferences, seminars, and other forums of interest to the organization. Under the supervision of the project officer, the Project Assistant contributes to the operations of Geneva Call in Afghanistan by assisting the PO in the implementation of the project(s) according to the program plans, internal procedures, and guidelines as well as donor requirements and security constraints. It is a national position.
- Completed Degree of in law or relevant field;
- At least 4 years in a humanitarian/human rights/protection organization working in province and districts;
- Experience in advocacy developing professional relationships with various stakeholder including armed actors and civil society and working in a neutral and objective manner;
- Experience with international organisations is preferred;
- Familiar with humanitarian norms, principles and expert in engagement;
- Good stakeholder management;
- Training, awareness session;
- Understand Islamic law is an asset.
- IT Tools (MS Office, Excel, email);
- Experience in reporting, monitoring and research;
- Demonstrable knowledge of issues of humanitarian affairs and humanitarian framework and capacity for in-depth analysis.
- Required: English, Dari and Pashto.
- Understanding and respect for organizational principles, vision, mission and confidentiality;
- Strong logic and organizational skills, flexibility and adaptability to change;
- Ability to take responsibility, proactive and efficient functioning, strong communication skills;
- Ability to work in a team and multicultural environment;
- Accuracy and reliability, ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
- The Job Description
- The individual Work- and Professional Development Plan
- The Competency Framework
Conflict of interest
- Position : Project Assistant
- Type of Contract: Fixed term contract, National position
- Activity rate: 100%
- Work place: Nangarhar, Afghanistan
- Preferred start date: as soon as possible