Job ID 118450
Degree Bachelor Degree
Province or State Herat
Vacancy Number W-HRT-061
About Women’s Activities & Social Services Association (WASSA):
- Women Activities & Social Service Association (WASSA) established in 2002 in Afghanistan, as a non-governmental organization, committed to seeking ways for women empowerment in Afghanistan. WASSA aims to promote women’s equal participation in the socio-economic sectors of the country. WASSA works directly with communities in order to bring change in the social attitude of the community regarding women.
Purpose of this Position:
To effectively and efficiently manage and follow up on projects in Herat province, and ensure timely completion of project activities with the approved plan and set targets as well as do project coordination, implementation, reporting, and monitoring.
- Support the project staff and work with the Head of the Program in providing project planning and implementation ensuring pre and post-monitoring of the project.
- Contribute to an Operational plan for the project at the Province level to ensure necessary planning and implementation takes place smoothly and efficiently at the provincial and center level.
- Conduct timely monitoring of programs and projects to ensure correct measurement of results, outcomes, and impacts and to facilitate learning towards continuous improvements in the delivery of programs and projects with WASSA.
- Prepare fact-based messages and quality material, particularly the collection of good success stories/case studies that reflect the smooth implementation of activities at the Province level.
- In close coordination and supervise/monitor local partners that enable quality, results orientation, and integrity in the delivery of projects and programs through contractual arrangements with local partners.
- Identify and inform the head of the program and program teams of successes, challenges, and lessons learned.
- Contribute to planning, conducting, and/or responding to WASSA performance evaluation reviews and surveys at the Province level.
- Carry out specific training, mentoring, and other capacity-building activities for staff in planning, training, supervision, monitoring, and other technical areas at the Province level.
- Able to present project objectives and activities at national and international level.
Result-Based Monitoring/Implementation of Programmes/Projects
- Undertake regular field visits to gather information on results related to activities ensuring that all relevant data from the project implementation areas are captured, documented, and reported in a timely and results-based manner.
- Establish/develop and coordinate a participatory, workable, and smooth process monitoring system for each individual project, especially with Partners’ projects at the Province level.
- Analyze M&E data and produce reports with useful statistical analysis and presentation (charts, tables, histograms, box plots) as necessary in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the Project Officer and Operations/Programmes colleagues in ensuring efficient and effective implementation and monitoring of programs/projects.
- Ensure that M&E findings are reflected and their recommendations are incorporated in the next quarter’s activities and implementation plans.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of appropriate data collection and analysis instruments, methodologies (e.g. survey questionnaires, focus group discussions, key-informant interviews), and data/information dissemination/utilization plans.
- Ensure the effective functioning and implementation of the beneficiary compliance and Response Mechanism (CRM).
- Build capacity and understanding among WASSA staff on beneficiary accountability and CRM.
Knowledge and Lesson Learning Management
- Contribute to proactive dissemination and use of knowledge/lessons learned that are gained through project activities among partners and the Field Coordinators.
- Organize and facilitate learning events in order to capture best practices and lessons learned when a project closes or as and when required.
- Ensure timely information on progress and results is available by compiling, organizing, analyzing, monitoring, and preparing data for situation reports, fact sheets, donor reports, briefing notes, and other reporting and communications products including pictures and videos.
- Document and share lessons learned and best practices timely and ensure that the knowledge gained contributes to the improvement of project results and effectiveness.
- Contribute to the dissemination and sharing of best practices and lessons learned for corporate development planning and knowledge on a provincial basis.
- Support project implementation by providing timely information about project successes to be scaled up as well as challenges to allow course correction’ throughout the life of the program.
- Undertake other duties as may be assigned by the Head of Program.
Language Skills: Fluent in English, Dari and Pashtu
Computer Skills: Proven working knowledge of ICDL package, Outlook, and other e-mail communication.
Teamwork: Ability to work in a team, often under stressful conditions with line manager and other team members.
Communication: Excellent communication skills in English and Dari, excellent verbal translation skills, and Strong negotiation skills.
Cultural Skills: Ability to work with persons from different ethnicities, languages, and cultural backgrounds.
Personal Attributes: Politeness, Pleasant and Friendly disposition, Attention to detail, Initiative, Punctuality, Honesty, Diligence.
Additional Attributes: Keep under all circumstances a professional working attitude Carry out the principles of WASSA.
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience.
- To apply online please send your CV along with a cover letter mentioning the vacancy number (W-HRT-061) in the subject line before the VA closing date to email email@example.com
- Academic certificates or references do not need to be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for an interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written tests and interviews.