Job ID 120068
Degree Bachelor Degree
Province or State Konar
Vacancy Number IRW-KNR-013-2023
About Islamic Relief Worldwide
Islamic Relief Worldwide (IRW) is an international, non-profitable, non-governmental humanitarian relief organization with its head quarter in Birmingham, UK. It enjoys consultative status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations and is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for International Red Cross and red Crescent Moments and NGOs in Disaster Relief. Islamic Relief has been working in Afghanistan for more than 23 years, providing emergency relief and implementing life-changing development projects for some of the most vulnerable people in the country. Islamic Relief set up our first Afghanistan office in 1999. Since then, IRA continued providing assistances in emergency relief, food security, livelihood, education, health, nutrition, shelter, orphan sponsorship, Ramadan and Qurbani programmes.
The Protection & Inclusion Assistant, under the direct supervision of the Provincial Coordinator, is primarily responsible for providing Protection support to the project beneficiaries and targeted communities, referral case management, referrals and follow-up, Protection awareness raising, liaising with government and community stakeholders, and conducting protection training. Daily Protection case management for women, Children, and the disabled at the community level and/or in IDP/returnee settlements. The Protection & Inclusion Assistant will follow the data protection policy in providing protection services.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensuring the case management of clients referred.
- Ensuring regular monitoring of the clients’ progress, with regular follow up the services, making sure that the response is given and performed within the established criteria.
- Ensuring the regular update of the service mapping for the referrals, and send updates on a weekly basis for a good follow-up of the evolution of referred clients.
- Adhere to IRW policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Ensure to provide outreach on human rights.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities, community representatives and other key stakeholders
- Ensure timely collection and sharing of information.
- Development of holistic and needs-based programmes, including cash-based interventions.
· Ensure activities are recorded and documented accurately and in a timely manner.
· Provide referral of beneficiaries for additional assistance, as needed, to internal and external service providers.
• University degree in Law /Sharia, Political Science or Journalism, and a valid degree from the Ministry of Higher Education.
• An understanding of the basic principles of humanitarian work, human rights, protection, and the needs of internally displaced persons and refugees in Afghanistan.
• Interest in humanitarian work and human rights, ability and willingness to learn.
• Ability to clearly express one’s thoughts, to analyze and present information clearly and concisely.
• Ability to set priorities and show initiative, to work independently and as part of a team.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• At least 3-5 years of work experience in protection, and case management preferably with IDPs/refugees/returnees.
• Demonstrated strong experience working with vulnerable clients, including survivors at risk and victims of child abuse.
• Strong knowledge of protection interviewing techniques and communicating with the affected population.
• Familiarity with IASC Guidelines on Protection Support in Emergency Settings.
• Understanding the psychosocial support needs of IDPs/refugees in Afghanistan
• Good knowledge of English,
• Professionally understand (read and write) Pashto and Dari
Interested and qualified national candidates should submit a cover letter explaining their motivation and an updated CV to the following link: