Job ID 120121
Experience 4 Years
Degree Bachelor Degree
Province or State Takhar
Vacancy Number KBL_084
Created in 1993, ACTED is an international non-governmental organization pursuing a dual mandate of emergency response and development interventions in 40 of some of the world’s most vulnerable countries affected by conflicts, disasters, or socio-economic hardship. With a team of 7,000 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED implements 500 projects a year to support more than 20 million beneficiaries, notably in hard-to-reach areas.
ACTED goes to the last mile through programs and approaches that look beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer-term livelihood reconstruction and sustainable development. Guided by the motto “Think Local, Act Global” and its 3Zero –Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, and Zero Poverty – strategy, ACTED puts local territories at the center and provides tailored support to local needs.
ACTED is working in 20 provinces in Afghanistan around the country. These provinces are affected by natural and man-made disasters. ACTED provides relief and emergency assistance to vulnerable populations affected by displacements, conflicts, or natural disasters, in the fields of agriculture, shelter, wash, and food security
Responsible for all components activities in provincial level within all activities of HPD components in North and North East Provinces.
Duties and responsibilities:
- General function and objectives of the position:
- Developing day to day field implementation plan, close follow up and timely update of project manager/deputy project manager/ program senior officers and area/sub area coordination in respective provincial level.
- Improving ACTED presence and visibility in the provinces
- Monthly basis field visit for multi districts/villages which are under the particular project to insuring work done/quality/community participation/sustainability of the program/ mobilization/capacity building/training programs/ community base accountability and confirm all the proposed activities according to the program design and feasibility.
- To ensure that sustainable systems are set in place for longer term operation and maintenance of all facilities, including the provision of all necessary training
- Ensure that the security, health and wellbeing of staff as general on the field along with security department
- Regular field visits monthly basis, remote management and follow up to make sure quality of the program in term of the Technical coordinator-Engineering or Program manager (line manages) guidance/validation/coordination. And other province if need as per ACTED requirement
- Main Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assessing, planning and supporting to budgeting related programme activities, including the definition of objectives, staffing requirements and job descriptions, equipment, building and other needs. Monitoring the overall situation and making adjustments to strategy as necessary to achieve the objectives of the project within the particular area/province.
- Assistance responsible of the planning, scheduling, monitoring and evaluation of the activities and sub activities under the all components of the HPD.
- In charge of any assessment or survey relevant to the program within the particular area/province
- Participate in development and design of new projects and Helping the Project Development Department to develop new Proposal.
- Ensure that all project activities are in accordance with budgetary constraints and being implemented on schedule within the particular area/province
- Ensure the project is implemented in line with donor proposals and requirements and in accordance with country and international standards
- Make sure all the coordination with sectorial government authorities are well managed in provincial level, preparing quarter reports and the confirmation in provincial level.
- Monitor and supervise activities, overseeing the technical design, execution and evaluation of progress through outputs and impacts
- Integrate sound M&E procedures in all aspects of the project
- Responsible for the quality of project progress report/information’s wherever needed
- Manage accurate and timely reporting of activities according to ACTED and donors formats
- Make documentation for final handover and closure of the sub projects within the particular area/province level
- Handing over/ the final completion report for each sub project and filling documents;
- Review field /correct /participate area pre-tender process.
- Responsible for all correspondence between stakeholders and ACTED.
- Assist the Project team/log with post-tender negotiations with Contractors and advise on cost savings from alternative methods
- Managing field staff agreeing work plans, indicators and reports and ensuring they are properly trained and equipped to do their tasks
- Problem solving activities related to a defined area, such as a limited geographical area or limited programme sectional area using professional or technical knowledge
- Keep and share to line manager all the beneficiaries related records (cash payments, milestones and physical progress) within the particular area/province
- Make sure compliance and transparency mechanism along with AMEU department
- Prepare weekly reports to the Line manager with detailing progress and challenges;
- Any other assignment as may be required by the Project Manager and Area Coordinator.
- Bachelor or advanced degree from an accredited university – related to social science, education, law, economics, or any other related fields.
- Ability to participate in ToT’s develop training manual on Project management.
- Able to manage field team in provincial level.
- Able to work in districts of the province working
- Able to travel to Balkh Province for participation in ToT’s
- Minimum of 4 years’ working experience with NGO’s and organization
- Able to work in very critical situation.
- Able to work with current government situations.
- Well computer and internet skills.
- Able to work on and create success stories from any of the well-done activities in field
- Ability to create and maintain relation with other partners and organizations for children referrals.
- Very good interpersonal communication skills
- Very good teaching/lecturing skills
- Must be computer literate and familiar with basic computer software including MS Office and internet use
- Report writing skills
Those who fulfill the above-mentioned criteria should send their updated CVs to the below submission email:
Kindly mention the Vacancy number, and position title in the subject line or your application may not be considered.
Please do not send heavy size documents (i.e., Tazkira, Education documents, work certificates)
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the next stage of recruitment.
No CV will be considered after the closing date.
ACTED is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates, and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process.