Job ID 56632
- Experience 4 Years
- Gender Both
- Degree Bachelor Degree
- Salary 690
- No of Opportunity 4
- Province or State Herat ; Badghis, Ghor, Farah
- Vacancy Number W-HRT-80
Women Activities & Social Service Association (WASSA) established in 2002 in Afghanistan, as non-governmental organization, committed to seeking ways for women empowerment in Afghanistan. WASSA aims to promote women equal participation in socio-economic sectors of the country. WASSA works directly with communities in order to bring change in social attitude of the community regarding women.
An envision “Equal participation of women & men in all sectors of the country.
The PSS specialist/supervisor will support the PSS activities in the projects. Besides this, he will work on capacity building of PSS staff. Also, he will take part in the professional translation/interpretation of psychosocial documents, checklists and in training translation.
Objective 1: Technical Support, Management and Coordination of the PSS activities
• Support two PSS supervisors and provide support to all PSS providers in resolving the implementation challenges.
• Support program team for planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluating, and reporting of the PSS activities.
• In the presence of project manager: provide support on the management of the PSS team. In the absence of the project supervisor, manage the PSS team and activities to make sure the interventions run smoothly. Ensure that quality PSS services are delivered.
• Conduct routine data collection and program reviews to ensure successful implementation.
• In consultation with the project manager, elaborate the necessary logistic planning and arrangements for the execution of the planned activities.
• Under the supervision of the project manager, he will facilitate the establishment of a sound and close collaborative relationship with parties involved in the project implementation at local level: clusters, NGOs, communities.
• Coordinate with partner agencies in the provision and referral of services.
Objective 2: Monitoring and Reporting
• In close coordination with the M&E officer, enter collective data about PSS activities in specific database
• Follow up weekly data entry by the PSS teams, and compiling the monthly report.
• Consolidate weekly data in monthly activity report (PMT)
• In the absence of the project manager, validate the database before sharing it to relevant departments (M&E officer, program manager).
• With the support of the Project manager, follow the progress, challenges and achievements towards project targets and indicators in PSS activities and inform line manager of any serious challenge in this regard
• Monitor the implementation of PSS activities and report accordingly.
Objective 3: Capacity building and Training
• Develop and implement a training plan based on training needs assessment and project objectives.
• Provide basic technical PSS training and refreshers training for PSS Supervisors, and ensure training needs are met and performance is evaluated.
• Provide on-job-training for PSS Supervisors regarding clinical strategies, clinical supervision, monitoring and evaluation of PSS activities.
• Provide adapted basic PSS trainings and information to the health teams (and other concerned departments)
• Discuss follow up cases with PSS supervisor and PSS providers and provide adapted guidance
• Follow up referred cases with partner organizations
• Attend all PSS related trainings given by the MHPSS Advisor and other stakeholder
• Assist with any other related activities as deemed necessary by the expatriate project manager.
Objective 4: Demonstrate strong ethical and professional practice
• Respect beneficiary confidentiality at all times
• Support and guide on the psychosocial activities ensuring beneficiary’s’ personal safety.
• Respect and promote Polices and code of conduct
• Address needs and requests of beneficiaries in a respectful and professional manner
• Respect and support the core principles of MHPSS Support and Humanitarian Standards, including internal PUI Intervention Framework
• Ensure and reinforce the quality of all PSS services
• Mainstream of protection throughout all actions; respect and ensure Do No Harm principle is being respected across all activities.
• Report to hierarchy any incident or act that causes any harm to beneficiary or to others.
Master or Bachelor’s Degree in psychology.
Experience in Supervision and Management of Psychosocial.
Experience in teaching university level classes.
Ability to travel to Farah, Badghis, Ghor Provinces, and Herat districts.
Ability to work independently and with a sense of initiative and responsibility
Ability to work well with others, individually and in groups
High stress tolerance
Diplomatic and open-minded
Good analytical skills
Problem solving and conflict resolution skills
Strong communication skills
Ability to organize and manage priorities
Ability to work in a stressful environment.
Ability to produce timely and high quality reports
Full professional proficiency in English
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV with a cover letter in a single word/pdf document file, explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience.
- To apply online please send your application & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject line must include (PSS specialist/supervisor– W-HRT-80), otherwise your application may not be considered.
- Deadline for application submission is before 16 May 2022 otherwise your application may not be considered.
- Please do not attach your educational documents. These will be requested if called for interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and interview.
Application without specified subject line will not be considered.