Job ID 120393
Experience 4 Years
Degree High School Diploma
Province or State Kabul
Vacancy Number SVN-KBL-2023 -177
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Programme Coordinator (Protection) and direct supervision of the Protection Officer; and, in collaboration with relevant Units in Afghanistan Country Office, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for the following duties and responsibilities.
- Assist in the planning, coordination, implementation, and monitoring of project activities.
- Lead the case management review committee and provide technical guidance on protection case management, in lines with applicable SOPs.
- Supervise caseworkers based in field offices, ensuring staff wellbeing, professional growth and achievement on monthly targets.
- Travel to field offices under his/her supervision to oversee programme implementation and provide in person technical and operational support.
- Compile, summarize, analyse, and present information/data on specific project topics, highlighting noteworthy issues for the consideration of appropriate parties.
- Draft status reports on case management; identify shortfalls in delivery of protection services, bring them to the attention of the supervisor and suggest corrective measures.
- Draft correspondence on project issues; prepare and update reports, briefing notes, graphics, statistical tables, and other forms of documentation.
- Organize meetings, workshops and training sessions for caseworkers on case management topics; prepare training materials and participate in the delivering of capacity building workshops.
- Respond to complex information requests and inquiries; set up and maintain files/records regarding case management.
- Participate in coordination meetings and conferences; maintain effective liaison and coordination with local authorities, partners, United Nation agencies, intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations, and other stakeholders relevant to the project, as defined by the Programme Coordinator.
- Provide inputs for the development of Standard Operations Procedures (SOP) and concept papers and provide general support for the development of new projects.
- Provides guidance/training and assist in coordinating and monitoring work of all caseworkers, including through one-to-one sessions.
- Perform other related duties as required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Note: Applications from qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in political or social Sciences, International Relations, Development Studies, Migration Studies, Human Rights, Law or related fields from an accredited academic institution with four years of relevant professional experience.
School diploma with six years of relevant experience.
- At least four years of relevant professional experience in the protection sector, experience as a caseworker is an asset.
- Experience in supervising and managing a team.
- Experience in liaising with governmental authorities, national/international institutions, United Nations agencies and non-governmental organizations;
- Experience in working with migrants, refugees, internally displaced persons, victims of trafficking and other vulnerable groups; and,
- Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
- Good written and oral communication skills, effective in representation and liaison with external parties (required).
- Good interpersonal and problem-solving skills (required).
- Flexibility in working overtime when needed (required).
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel) (required).
- Willing to collaborate with and support people from different ethnic groups and different religions (required).
- Knowledge of the broad range of migration related subject areas dealt with by the Organization;
- Knowledge of UN and bilateral donor programming.
Fluency in English and Dari and Pashto
Working knowledge of Uzbek, Turkmen and Balochi.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are required to apply through the below online Form. Also, please take note that IOM does not accept applications in hard copies.
Before filling up the online Form, the candidate must carefully read the advertisement. Please proceed to fill the online form only if you meet the minimum requirements stipulated in the advertisement.
Applicants are advised to fill in all mandatory fields otherwise they will not be able to submit the application and should fill their correct and active e-mail address in the online application as any correspondence will be made by IOM through e-mail only.
Applicants are advised to submit only one application for a particular post. The indicated requirements, qualifications and experience are the minimum and the mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for written assessment or oral interview.
Note: Due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by HR department to submit resume and Motivation Letter. Please ensure that the e-mail address and phone number that you will indicate in form is accurate.