Job ID 119548
Experience 2 Years
Degree Bachelor Degree
Province or State Paktika
Vacancy Number IRW-PKTK-008-2022
About Islamic Releif world wide Afghanistan:
Islamic Relief Worldwide (IRW) is an international, non-profitable, non-governmental humanitarian relief organization with its head quarter in Birmingham, UK. It enjoys consultative status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations and is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for International Red Cross and red Crescent Moments and NGOs in Disaster Relief. Islamic Relief has been working in Afghanistan for more than 23 years, providing emergency relief and implementing life-changing development projects for some of the most vulnerable people in the country. Islamic Relief set up our first Afghanistan office in 1999. Since then, IRA continued providing assistances in emergency relief, food security, livelihood, education, health, nutrition, shelter, orphan sponsorship, Ramadan and Qurbani programmes.
Under the overall supervision and guidance of the Field Coordinator and Finance Coordinator, the incumbent undertakes the following duties:
- Responsible for maintaining cash book and reconciling cash on daily basis
- Ensuring that IR Afghanistan adheres to local income tax regulations.
- Maintaining and developing controls over all advances paid to staff
- Maintaining a fixed asset for IR Afghanistan in accounting system in coordination with Project field staff
- Preparing accounting vouchers and cross checking against budgets, investigating and reporting to Project/Program Manager and Finance Manager on any variations in projections and working to resolve.
- Supporting the Program staff in distributions and stock records/ counts etc.
- Ensure financial understanding and ensuring the accurateness and completeness of data entered.
- Prepare weekly / monthly finance reports for IRA-CO.
- Record project wise income and expenditure transactions on daily basis
- Scrutinizing of invoices in coordination with Project/Program Manager and tag it to the right project
- Record transfers from IRA-CO and other bodies.
- Arrange cash flow for the projects
- Ensure Bank reconciliations are done on monthly basis
- Any other reasonable duties assigned by your line manager.
- Provide administrative support to the project and Administration Department as required.
- Make sure to be up-to-date on the status of key projects, tasks.
- Develop and maintain filing systems including records management, supplies management, and all relevant project services.
- Prepare time sheet for all project staff.
- Maintain and update the leave track for the staff.
- Coordinate and arrange office facilities for seminars, workshops and trainings.
- Printing, photocopying, program materials, program data and record keeping.
- Assist and Coordinate with Project Manager in Booking of Hotels when required.
- Prepare, maintain and keep filed all transport related documents for the project.
- Follow the Islamic Relief procurement procedures, coordinate and purchase food and nonfood items on time for the project.
- Assisting the Project Manager in documentation process and procurement for the project.
- Registering the purchase requisitions in the books of purchase. Procure all requested purchases in a timely manner. by working closely with Project Manager.
- Prepare purchase requisitions and process it for approval.
- Receive locally purchased goods, verifying receipt and follow upon back ordered items.
- Diploma in Economics, Business Administration or in any other relevant field with a Certificate in Accounting with a through practical understanding of management accounting principles and techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, Business Administration or any other relevant field is preferable.
- 2 -3 years’ work experience in the relevant field.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skill
- Ability to act in own initiative
- The ability to work as a team
- High degree of communication skills, particularly attuned to working well with non-finance professionals and volunteers
- Used to working in fast moving environments providing accurate and timely information to a high standard.