Job ID 56676
- Gender Male
- Degree Bachelor Degree
- Salary 35000
- Province or State Kabul
- Duration 4 Months with possibility of extension
- Vacancy Number Support Services Officer-791
About ActionAid Afghanistan:
ActionAid is a global alliance of organizations, working towards achieving a world without poverty and injustice in which every person enjoys the right to a life with dignity. We work in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas and our expertise lies in community-led development, working through partnerships with people living in poverty and their organizations. We work with the poor and excluded sections of the society using human rights based development approach. Our Country Strategy for Afghanistan titled ‘PEOPLE’S POWER FOR INCLUSIVE ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT AND SOCIAL JUSTICE’ for the period 2018-2022 focuses on improving resilient food security and also advancing grassroots democratic governance among, other strategic priorities, wherein women and girls’ needs are central to all of our work.
The position is responsible for providing support services to the team based in Herat and Ghor. This will be a roving position based preferably in Herat but with extensive travel to Ghor and Kabul. S/He will be responsible for ensuring the logistics, Administrative and petty cash management function to facilitate the programming. He/She will be responsible for ensuring that the logistics services are managed efficiently, all documentations with the suppliers and vendors are recorded accurately and to ensure that the supply lines are managed efficiently. He will actively involve and participate in recording expenses made, monitor the budget has quality spend closely works with partners and staff for project documentation.
Job responsibility 1: Procurement and Logistics
- Organize and develop a vendor base for various goods and services required by ActionAid Offices in the provinces
- Draft Annual Rate contracts with suppliers for the goods and services required for the ActionAid’s office in the region (in coordination with Finance team in the country office)
- Develop Quarterly procurement plans for the offices in the western provinces.
- Organize logistics for meetings conferences and workshops
- Coordinate efficient office administration
Job Responsibilities 02: Manage Petty Cash
- Coordinate with Finance to prepare monthly petty cash requirement in the office
- Manage petty cash for small expenses in the office.
- Process the required financial documents in the field office and send the originals to Kabul Office on timely basis.
Job Responsibilities 03: HR &Time sheet Management
- Support HR in processing HR related documents such as taking staff signature on contracts, contract amendments, final payments etc. and sending back the signed papers to Kabul HR.
- Collect staff timesheets on monthly basis and send it to Kabul HR for payroll process.
- Monitor staff daily attendance and send staff leave forms to Kabul HR for records.
- Provide any other HR administrative support as per the request on timely basis.
Education & Training:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- A minimum of 3 years work experience in the field of finance, admin and Logistics
- Computer literate and ability to use accounting systems, word processing, spreadsheet, and, e-mail and Internet.
- Asset & inventory management
- Payroll processing and management
- Procurement knowledge
- Financial recording, sorting, and analyzing
If you have the expertise to take on this exciting opportunity, please apply online by sending your CV and motivation cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before May 15, 2022. Please clearly indicate Support Services Officer-791 in the subject of your email,otherwise your application will not be considered. ActionAid Afghanistan will review the applications on an ongoing basis, thus applicants are strongly advised to make applications at the earliest.
ActionAid Afghanistan welcomes applications from all sections of the community and promotes diversity. Although all applications will be considered on their individual merit, suitably qualified women candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
Due to high volumes of applications received, we can only correspond with short listed applicants. Should you not have received feedback on your application within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. ActionAid Afghanistan will not consider unsolicited candidates from recruitment agencies. We reserve the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time.