Job ID 120826
Experience 2 Years
Degree High School Diploma
No of Opportunity 12
Opportunity Type Jobs
Province or State Kabul and Herat
Language Requirement Dari ,Pashto & English
Vacancy Number CTG-UNHAB-S 11/5/2023
Organizational Setting and Reporting Relationships:
The position is located with the Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific of the Regional Program Division and based in Kabul, Afghanistan.
The Regional Program Division is responsible for consolidating and enhancing the linkages between UN Habitat’s activities in the field with the Strategic Plan, the 2030 Agenda, and the UN-Habitat’s overall future priorities and to make sure that they are appropriate to the country context.
This is a field work position coordinating with the MIS associate and assisting in day-to-day beneficiary enumeration component of the project. S/he will be the collector of information of the returnee, IDP and host community.
- Conduct door to door assessment surveys for profiling communities in target locations.
- Contact the beneficiaries two days earlier to inform them about the household survey and get the specific address of the registered families.
- Visit the household at their location and take the bio-metric data of each member of the household.
- Collect the required data by filling-up the questionnaire based on the responses of the family members provide.
- Upload the data in the system on daily basis, Report their activities and progress to the community mobilization team and information management system on daily basis.
- The surveyors shall receive orientation training on the survey tools and equipment.
Work implies frequent interaction with the following:
- The surveyors will be reporting on a day-to-day basis to the MIS Associate .
- To help and support UN-Habitat on household data collection vulnerability assessment under Secure HLP Rights for Gender-Safe Informal Settlements project in Herat and Kabul provinces.
- Empowering women and a step forward in gender balance in UN-Habitat. 6 Male and 6 Female
At least 12 grade graduates (higher level preferred)
Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in data collection, uploading and familiarity with current data collection systems.
Good speaking, reading, and writing in Dari and Pashto are required to communicate with staff and beneficiaries. English is one of the Official UN languages which is necessary for this post.
- Familiarity with electronic Data system
- Good communication skills – both written and interpersonal will be essential, as most of the work will be done through a process of consultation at all levels and Experience in working with IDPs and returnees.
- Knowledge of UN rules and regulations is an advantage.
- Preferable knowledge of MS-Office applications.
- Knowledge of local area and community is essential.