Job ID 121015
Degree High School Diploma
No of Opportunity 4
Opportunity Type Jobs
Province or State Nangarhar
Vacancy Number IMC-JLD-HRD-011
About International Medical Corps:
International Medical Corps is a global humanitarian nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through healthcare training and relief and development programs.
Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in areas worldwide. By offering training and healthcare to local populations and medical assistance to people at high risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergencies, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated healthcare systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
To learn more about our mission, visit https://internationalmedicalcorps.org/who-we-are.
IMC will be undertaking a study on behalf of UNICEF and Action Against Hunger to examine the effectiveness of a Simplified Treatment Protocol of reduced dosage of Ready-to-Use Therapeutic Food (RUTF) in five provinces of Afghanistan (Parwan, Kapisa, Daykundi, Nangarhar and Kunar). The overall aim of the study is to contribute evidence on the effectiveness and suitability of the simplified treatment protocol for uncomplicated severe wasting. The study will be conducted using a mixed methods approach drawing on primary and secondary data.
To collect primary data through household survey, observations, quantitative and qualitative interviews and focus group discussions to gain more in-depth insights and perspectives from different stakeholders on the simplified protocol.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Active Participation in research training
- Conducting Field visits to the research targeted areas in Parwan, Kapisa, Daykundi, Kunar and Nangarhar provinces
- Data collection with caregivers of children 6-59 months, community health workers, health shuras and stakeholders by performing Interview, KIIs and focus group discussion.
- Ensuring the quality of data at optimal level.
- Continuously report the results to the research officer/manager.
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality of the research participants.
- Any other relevant duty assigned by the research officer or manager.
The duties and responsibilities listed in this document are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily inclusive in size. You may be required to travel to other parts of the country if required.
- Adhere to the Code of Conduct, maintain humanitarian principles and respect international humanitarian law.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout the International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity
- It is all staff’s shared responsibility and obligation to safeguard and protect populations with whom we work, including adults who may be particularly vulnerable and children. This includes safeguarding from the following conduct by our staff or partners: sexual exploitation and abuse; exploitation, neglect, or abuse of children and adults at risk; and any form of trafficking in persons.
- High school graduate. Bachelor’s degree will be given preference.
- Proven experience in qualitative/quantitative surveys within conducting Interviews, KIIs and Focus group discussions (FGDs).
- Preference will be given to locals of duty station.
- Able to travel to remote areas.
- Comfortable with the discussion about Health, Nutrition, and other relevant issues
- Fluent in Pashto and Dari, speaking English is preferred.
- Familiar with Computer skill and using tablets for data entry.