Job ID 119953
Degree Master’s Degree
Opportunity Type Scholarships
Scholarship Type Fully Funded
Province or State Sweden
Language Requirement English
Field of Study Several Fields
Language of Instruction English
Excellent news from Sweden. It’s time to apply for the Sweden Government Scholarship 2024–2025. International applicants can now begin looking into degree programs and ensure that they receive an admissions offer before January 15, 2024. Applications for the Swedish Institute (SI) Global Professional Scholarship 2024 will be accepted starting on November 1, 2023. The government organization Swedish Institute (SI) is in charge of overseeing the SI Scholarship.
Over 700 master’s programs in Sweden are fully funded through the Swedish Institute (SI) Scholarships for international students. One year or two years can be the length of the master’s program. Not mandatory for the SI Global Scholarship is the IELTS. However, you must meet the prerequisites for admission to the university. Below are further specifics on the Sweden Government Scholarship 2024 application process.
The Swedish Institute Global Scholarship is a Fully funded scholarship to study in sweden. The SI scholarship 2024 includes:
- Full tuition fee coverage.
- A monthly payment of SEK 12,000 for living expenses.
- Insurance against illness and accident.
- A travel grant of SEK 15,000.
- Membership in the SI Network for Future Global Professionals (NFGP).
There are over 700 of the 1000 English-taught master’s programs in Sweden. A wide range of degree programs are funded by the SI Global Scholarship such as:
Humanities, Agricultural Science, Medicine and public health, Natural science, Social science, and Technology.
- Master’s studies beginning in the autumn 2024 semester.
- You have to apply for the courses that are open for Autumn 2024. An example is given in the image below.
- Choose a Master’s program from https://www.universityadmissions.se/intl/search (the list will be uploaded in November)
Duration of Scholarship
The academic scholarship provided for full-time, one- or two-year, master’s studies in Sweden.
International students must fulfill these requirements:
- You must secure admission to a Swedish University and get an offer letter by January 2024.
- You must apply for an eligible Master’s degree program.
- You must be a citizen of an eligible country.
- You must have completed 3000 hours of previous work experience.
Note: Valid work experience includes both full-time and part-time employment, for instance as an employee, freelancer, or employer.
Eligible Countries for the SI Scholarship (Swedish Institute)
Please note that only eligible countries can apply for the Swedish Institute (SI) Global Professional Scholarship 2024.
Citizens of the following countries are eligible to apply for the SI Scholarship for Global Professionals:
Armenia; Azerbaijan; Bangladesh; Bolivia; Belarus; Brazil; Cambodia; Cameroon; Colombia; Ecuador; Egypt; Ethiopia; Gambia; Georgia; Ghana; Guatemala; Honduras; Indonesia; Jordan; Kenya; Liberia; Malawi; Moldova; Morocco; Myanmar (Burma); Nepal; Nigeria; Pakistan; Peru; Philippines; Rwanda; South Africa; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Tanzania; Tunisia; Uganda; Ukraine; Vietnam; Zambia; Zimbabwe.
It does not mean that citizens of other countries can not apply for the sweden scholarships.
Citizens of all other Countries
Citizens of other countries can also apply to the Autumn 2024 Master program till 15 January 2024 via https://www.universityadmissions.se/intl/search and can apply for other Sweden scholarships.
Visit the Scholarship database https://studyinsweden.se/scholarships/
How to Apply for the Sweden Government Scholarship 2024?
The Application Process for the SI Global Professionals Scholarship:
Step 1: Apply for a Master Program via University Admissions
This process is centralized. You can apply for up to 4 master’s programs. Here you can find the list of eligible programs for the SI scholarship 2024/2025.
- Go to UniversityAdmissions.se search for courses for Autumn 2024 and apply for your master’s program (s) by 15 January 2024.
- You will get a personal application number consisting of eight digits after completing your application.
- If you have any questions related to university admissions Please contact University Admissions
Step 2: Apply for a Global Professionals Scholarship (SI)
The SI scholarship portal will open on 1st November 2023 and will close on 28th February 2024.
- Prepare these documents for the SI Scholarship:
- CV 2024/2025. The CV should not exceed three pages
- Two reference letters.
- Proof of work experience
- Valid Passport Copy
- Motivation Letter
Key Dates for Sweden Government Scholarship 2024:
- 16 October 2023 – 15 January 2024: Apply to Swedish master’s programs through University Admissions.
- 1st November 2023: SI Scholarship application documents are published.
- 12-28th February 2024: The application portal for the SI Scholarship is open.
- 21st March 2024: University admissions announcement day.
- 25th April 2024: SI Scholarship announcement day.