Job ID 71477
Swiss Government Scholarships are open for the academic year 2023-2024. This government scholarship is offered for students who have completed their master’s degree and want to pursue PhD and postdoctoral studies. The scholarship provides a monthly payment and exemption of tuition fees. The Federal Commission of Scholarships funds the Swiss Government Scholarships in collaboration with the Swiss government. Government awards scholarships to more than 180 Countries. Participants of all nationalities are eligible. Highly qualified postgraduate researchers from all/any academic fields and young medical doctors can apply for this scholarship.
The European scholarships are offered to postgraduate researchers in any discipline (who at least hold a master’s degree) and plan to go to Switzerland to pursue research or further studies at the doctoral or postdoctoral level. The scholarships are divided into two types; both are discussed below. So make sure to read the article till the end, so you don’t miss any important information.
The research scholarship is available to postgraduate researchers in any discipline (must hold a master’s degree minimum) who plan to go to Switzerland to pursue research or further studies at the doctoral or postdoctoral level. Research-based scholarships are awarded for research or study at all Swiss cantonal universities, universities of applied sciences, the two federal institutes of technology, and four research institutes. Candidates nominated by an academic mentor at higher education institutions will be considered.
Art scholarship is offered only for art students who wish to pursue a master’s degree in Switzerland. Art scholarships are awarded at conservatory and university of the arts. It is available to students from a limited number of countries only. Therefore, do not waste time and apply for the scholarship!
Here are more details about the Swiss Government Scholarships
- Country: Switzerland
- Financial coverage: Fully Funded
Eligibility Criteria :
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria to apply for the Swiss Government Scholarships:
- Applicants must be born after 31 December 1987.
- Applicants staying in Switzerland for more than one year at the beginning of the scholarship; are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Furthermore, they should provide a letter from an academic host professor (including their short CV) at the chosen Swiss university confirming why they are willing to support the research and supervise.
- Applicants must have a research proposal that includes a timeframe.
- They must have the necessary language skills required for the research/studies.
- Students who previously secured the Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must have achieved a Master’s degree or equivalent university degree before 31 July 2023.
Swiss Government scholarships will provide:
- Monthly payment of CHF 1,920.
- Support services and trips, dinners and sightseeing tours are organized for Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship holders.
- The scholarship will cover the living cost of one person only.
- Opportunity to study and research in Switzerland.
- Explore European country and its culture.
Other details :
- Signed FCS application form,
- Two copies of the applicant’s passport,
- CV with a list of academic publications and awards,
- A motivation letter of a maximum of two pages,
- A complete research proposal of a maximum of five pages,
- Short CV of an academic mentor from home institution,
- Two confidential letters of recommendation,
- Photocopies of grade sheets and certificates (in English, German, French or Italian),
- A signed medical certificate,
- Copy of the letter from the host professor that confirms why they are willing to support the research & supervise.
- Follow the link below to apply for the Swiss Government Scholarships.
- Select the country and continent.
- Check the scholarship categories.
- Download and read the guide.
- Select the country of origin and select the scholarship available for your country.
- Contact the Swiss Embassy in your country via email and ask for Application Package for the Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship.
- Check the scholarship deadline before contacting the embassy.
- Deadline vary country to country.