Job ID 120458
Experience 3 Years
Degree Bachelor Degree
No of Opportunity 8
Province or State Ghor
Vacancy Number RRAA-WRO-TPM-SB-110
TPM Field Monitor Job at RRAA With 3000 AFN Salary Daily:
About Rural Rehabilitation Association for Afghanistan (RRAA):
Rural Rehabilitation Association for Afghanistan (RRAA) is a non-profit, non-governmental, and non-political NGO established in 1990. The head office of the organization is in Kabul, Afghanistan and delivers humanitarian services in the sectors of WASH, Good Governance, and Livelihood through its regional offices in Mazar, Herat, Jalalabad, and central zone in a decentralized manner.
Job Description: Stand-by Field Monitor
Stand-by Field Monitors are mainly responsible for the field visits to the relevant districts of the province. The Field Monitors are primarily assigned and deployed within the relevant districts of the province for which they have been selected initially; however, when required and during emergencies they may be assigned and deployed to other provinces of the relevant field office or cluster. In case they are required to stay overnight outside of their duty station in any of the districts, they will be paid daily substance allowance (DSA) as per organizational scale.
As per program requirement on structure of workforce, we will only be prioritizing selection of monitors with experience in the technical fields below.
- Civil Engineering
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the TPM Team Leader, Stand-by field monitors will undertake the following duties and responsibilities:
- Undertake post-beneficiary assessment verifications/spot-checks to verify if the most vulnerable populations affected by natural disasters, conflicts and other crises were selected by CPs in accordance with established criteria by WFP.
- Visit distribution sites and monitor food delivery, quality, quantity, and storage conditions.
- Conduct activity monitoring, distribution monitoring and post distribution monitoring (PDM) of all WFP project activities, in close collaboration with WFP Field Office and relevant stakeholders i.e., CPs, FSPs, De Facto authorities, communities, etc.
- Provide photographic evidence of infrastructure developed or rehabilitated in Cash/Food Assistance for Assets (C/FFA) projects, or other assets transferred to the cooperating partner/community from WFP.
- Under the guidance of the head of the field office, follow up any issues related to compliance and CFM i.e., food/cash diversions, redistribution of assistance, misuse of WFP resources etc.
- Conduct data collection for programme support including but not limited to food security assessments, market food prices, market functionality index (MFI), baseline and impact surveys, gender and protection, nutrition surveys etc.
- Submit periodic field monitoring reports (process monitoring checklists, PDM forms, assessment forms, etc…) through WFP’s corporate tool e.g., MODA.
- Undertake any other activities related to WFP TPM interventions as and when request
WFP and RRAA expects the Stand-by Field Monitor to possess the following minimum skills and experience:
- Education: Graduate qualifications in Agriculture, Engineering, or relevant area.
- Experience: At least three years of progressively responsible experience, of which at least one year was closely related to Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Good knowledge of the context, especially in terms of security, and culture and having unimpeded access to all the interventions’ areas of the relevant Field Office of WFP.
- Strong knowledge of Core Humanitarian Standards and awareness of gender and protection of vulnerable groups.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to clearly synthesize and present findings.
- Experience utilizing computer (MS Word, MS Excel, Typing, etc.) and smart phone including word processing and knowledge on remote data collection using Kobo, ODK, MODA, etc.
- Ability to speak fluently in both Afghanistan formal languages Pashto and Dari.
- Very good written and oral English. Experience in usage of digital data collection platforms, i.e., MODA, KOBO, ONA etc.